Friday 16 January 2015

TRIMCRAFT Project - mixing die sets to make "watches"


 I love finding other things which you can make with dies as well as what they were intended for.
 The sets I've used in the sample card to create a "watch" are - Border Dies and Vintage Gentleman Dies.



 As soon as I saw the Trimcraft Border dies I had the idea of using them as "watch bracelets"

This is how to make one...
1. Die cut a border to use as a bracelet, a pair of glasses and a pocket watch.

2. Following the curves, cut off one circle from the glasses and the face from the watch.
Position gold card under the clock hands and die cut.


 3. Place the hands in the centre of the watch (attach at the back with double sided tape), glue the circle on top and then die cut button (from the Buttons set) from gold card.

4. Add the face to the watch with a  3D square .




                      These are the dies I used to make the others....with extra dies from the                                                                 following sets..Flowers, Lock and Key and Buttons.


I used white card for the face of this watch and added Modge Podge 3D Magic in the centre.

The other elements I've used for the card are from the Trimcraft Sweet Paris collection.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth