Merry Christmas using Trimcraft's "All that Glistens" paper pad and a mixture of First Edition dies.
Wednesday 19 December 2018
Peace, Love and Joy this morning :)
I used the Trimcraft "Perfect Christmas" papers with the "Log Cabin" Build a Scene die FEDIE249x18 along with a sentiment die from the FEDIE254 set.
The elements of this Build a Scene die set make a quick card so easy!
Tuesday 18 December 2018
Is anyone still making Christmas cards - or have you all finished?
I made this with the Dovecraft "Little Red Robin" papers from Trimcraft, Nesting Stocking dies and Simply Creative "Ho" die, Nesting Stocking dies and Simply Creative "Ho" die.
As always, I've added lots of Crystal Glitter Glue and some twine :)
Monday 17 December 2018
Saturday 15 December 2018
Happy birthday, David!! ❤
I'm over the moon and very relieved to have him at home on his birthday as he suffered a stroke at the beginning of the week and was back in hospital yet again. It will take a bit of time to recover but he's getting lots of TLC in the meantime. He has given me so many scares over the past year but today is hopefully a quiet celebration of another birthday! ❤❤
Thursday 13 December 2018
A Christmas card I made with the Tonic Studios "Staggered Stepper" die as a base with the older Winter Snowflake and Regal Reindeer dies. I've also used the Snowflakes Trio dies.
Tuesday 11 December 2018
These are the contents of Kit 17 :)
The only items I have used which are not included in the kit are white card, Cross Stitch Circle Layering die set 2378e and 3D foam squares. You could substitute the large outline die for the Cross Stitches Circles if you like :)
How to make the card -
1. Start with a 15cm square card and score in at 1cm from the right on the inside. Use the large outline die from the set to cut out a piece of Powder Blue Lace card and attach to the inside of the card.
2. Cut a piece of white card measuring 16cm x 15cm and score at 1cm from each side on the 16cm length.
3. Die cut a floral square from white card, then use this as a guide to blending the embellishment mousses onto white card in the same basic outline.
4. Place the white floral die cut onto the mousses card (do not stick down yet!) and use as a guide to place and attach the outer and inner outline dies on top. Remove the floral die cut, secure the dies in place with masking tape and pass through the die cutting machine.
5. Glue the white floral die cut on top of the moussed card and glue to the piece of white card with scores at each side. Place the inner die inside the shape again and pass through the die cutting machine.
6. Glue the 1cm fold on the left to the inside left of the card front as shown and glue the other 1cm fold over the 1cm fold on the card as shown.
7. Die cut the Special Day from white card and Coral Pink card.
8. Stamp the bee with the Panama Rose ink 4 times (twice for the front of the card and twice for the inside) and cut out with the die in the kit.
9. Offset the white Special Day onto the coral die cut and glue to the centre of the aperture inside. NB Hold the card open while doing this to make sure it is in the centre. Add glitter drops to the bee.
10. Die cut a white 9.5cm circle, 11cm buttermilk yellow circle and 12.5cm Silky Sky circle. Layer these and attach to the left inside of the card.
11. Stamp the little flower 3 times with teh Lime Burst ink and die cut.
12. Glue to the inside left of the card as shown, adding glitter drops to the flowers.
13. Die cut the floral shape from white card again, then die cut the large outline shape from coral card. Glue the white shape onto the coral shape and attach to the card front.
14. Die cut the "On Your" from white and Powder Blue Lace card.
15. Offset the die cuts and glue to the centre of the card front. Add the stamped bees on 3D foam squares with glitter drop on the bodies.
Saturday 8 December 2018
Friday 7 December 2018
Hello :) Today's card is a little easel which I made using a 5x7 Dovecraft oval aperture card and some acetate. I used the Little Red Robin collection from Trimcraft again just because I love it!
I've posted lots of photos below to show the different angles so that you can make it if you like.
As always, I've added lots of Dovecraft Crystal Glitter Glue
Thursday 6 December 2018
I think this has got to be my favourite ever Christmas collection! It's the Dovecraft "Little Red Robin" collection from Trimcraft.
I've been making lots of cards with it over the last few days and this is the first finished :)
I'm even enjoying tea from my new mug which my very thoughtful cousin bought me :)
Tuesday 4 December 2018
I'm just back from a walk and thought I'd just share something local that always fascinates me. This is a stainless steel replica of Lillian Bland's biplane, the Mayfly. Lillian Bland (1878-1971) lived close by and was the first lady in Ireland to build and fly her own biplane. She built it mostly from recycled bicycle parts and flew it off Carnmoney Hill. Ironically she named it the Mayfly because.....yes, you're right, she wasn't sure at first! Her father bought her a Model T Ford to try to stop her flying so she taught herself to drive and became Northern Ireland's first Ford agent!
Her story is really amazing and well worth checking out
Monday 3 December 2018
It's a beautiful December day and I had a lovely walk this morning to get me started on the week. Now I'm sitting at my desk looking at the hills beyond the roof tops and I'm surrounded by robins. My cousin bought David and I gorgeous Robin mugs and coasters (and Maltesers!) last week and we certainly love them!