I've still got a lot to learn but some of you have been asking how I've been getting on with my new iPad and Procreate app so I thought I'd show you what stage I'm at. I was going to wait until I'd improved some more but I suppose we all have to learn and I may as well share the process/ progress. Hopefully this will look much better when I master adding shadows etc. I've always loved drawing and painting flowers but this method is growing on me
Tuesday, 30 April 2019
Saturday, 27 April 2019
Goodbye Missy :(
She was only a cat, but I'll miss her so much! Sadly poor little Missy suddenly became ill yesterday and we were shocked to have to say goodbye this afternoon :(
It's not on the scale with some of the major problems some of you are coping with but life in our home will be different without her as she just arrived at our door almost five years ago and melted our hearts .
Posted by Ruth at 11:47 3 comments:
Wednesday, 24 April 2019
Love in Paris - tent aperture card (YouTube video) Trimcraft
I've just added a video tutorial to my YouTube channel showing how to make this tent aperture card with Trimcraft's Chasing Rainbows paper and Paris themed dies.
Posted by Ruth at 17:25 No comments:
Monday, 22 April 2019
This just popped up in Google memories this morning. I made it for a magazine commission two years ago 🎶
Posted by Ruth at 21:00 No comments:
Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Castlerock, Co. Londonderry
Posted by Ruth at 14:41 No comments:
Tonic Studios Craft Kit 21 ideas with Washi tape
These are two more cards I have made with Tonic Studios Craft Kit 21 - hope you like them :)
You will need a heat gun to activate the Expanding Mousse on this card.
You'll also need a 6x6 white card and a piece of white card measuring 14cm x 14cm.
1. On a 14cm x 14cm square of white card,spread the mousse over the stencil as shown then remove the stencil and heat the mousse with a heat gun.
2. Die cut the greeting and background die from white card.
3. Spread the mousse over the sentiment and heat with the heat gun.
4. Add strips of washi tape around the outside of the square of card and add the sentiment on 3D foam squares. Die cut gold glitter flowers and add to the card with Stone Drops in the centres.
To make this card you will need the contents of Tonic Studios Craft Kit 21 plus
6x6 white card
Nuvo Water Droplets
Nuvo Crystal Gems
How to make it:
1. Cover a 13cm x 7.5cm piece of white card with strips of washi tape.
2. Place the die on top and cut out with a die cutting machine.
3. Place 2 strips of washi tape across the top and bottom of a 6x6 card as shown. Cover another piece of card with washi tape and die cut the sentiment background shape from it. Die cut the sentiment from white card.
4. Attach a 15cm x 12cm piece of gold card to the centre of the card and glue the washi tape die cut panel. Add the sentiment to the top left on 3D foam squares. Add some Water Droplets and Crystal Gems as shown to resemble splashes..
Posted by Ruth at 11:43 1 comment:
Friday, 12 April 2019
Lunch with a view
Is there a better view while eating your lunch?
From the window of the Harbour Lights Cafe in Carnlough, Co. Antrim.
Posted by Ruth at 19:12 No comments:
Tonic Studios Craft Kit 21 inspiration (YouTube video)
I have a new video on YouTube showing a card with the Tonic Studios Craft Kit 21
This is what you'll find in the kit!
You can watch the video here
Posted by Ruth at 19:01 No comments:
Wednesday, 3 April 2019
Butterfly Whirl - Tonic Studios
Some "messy" crafting with the Tonic Studios Butterfly Whirl die set, Atlantis Burst and Cherry Burst Shimmer powders, Pink Chiffon, Gold and Silver Mirror card , Dream Drops and sequins
Posted by Ruth at 15:45 No comments:
Monday, 1 April 2019
Double tent card - Trimcraft's Chasing Rainbows paper and dies - YouTube tutorial
Good morning :) I've just added a new video to my YouTube channel showing how to make this double tent style card using Trimcraft's Chasing Rainbows paper and 3 different First Edition die sets. You can see it here -
Hope you have a good Monday :)
Posted by Ruth at 09:23 No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)