Hi I hope you're all enjoying the super Bank Holiday weather I've just finished editing a video using Tonic Studios Craft Kit 25 and you can see it on my YouTube channel
Monday, 26 August 2019
Wednesday, 21 August 2019
I have confirmed some demo dates and am really looking forward to doing this again :)
14th September - Art & Hobby Shop, Jervis Street, Dublin
28th September - Hillmount Garden Centre, Belfast
5th October - Mandels Art Shop, Castlebar
2nd November - Fagans, Mullingar
There are a few more in the pipeline and I'll let you know the dates when they are confirmed. I'm only taking on a limited number for the time being but am delighted to be on the go again!
All demo times are 11.00am - 4.00pm.
Thanks so much to everyone for their patience and support :)
I'll update on each one to show what I'll be using at each venue
Posted by Ruth at 11:44 No comments:
Thursday, 15 August 2019
Mini Meadow - Pebeo Vitrail scraped grass (YouTube video)
I've just finished editing a couple of videos. The first one shows how I applied Pebeo Vitrail colours and then scraped some off again to create a grass effect. I hope this video not only answers some of the questions about the grass but also shows the lightening medium which you've been asking about too.
You can see the full video here -
Posted by Ruth at 18:28 No comments:
Tuesday, 13 August 2019
All in a day's work
This is how I roll! I've just packed up a box of cards and gift bags which I finished this morning and moved onto the next box on my desk...Derwent Paint Pens :) I need to try them out on other surfaces but just grabbed whatever was still on my desk.
Posted by Ruth at 14:16 No comments:
Saturday, 10 August 2019
Gold Bee Canvas - Mirror Effect Leaves on Mixtion Relief (Pebeo)
Something bright on a very dull day!
I've added another video to my YouTube channel. It shows how I made this little canvas using Pébéo Fantasy Moon and Prisme colours with Vitrail and then added some Mixtion Relief with Gold Mirror Effect Leaves on top. Now I can't stop moving it around to catch the light
This is what you'll need -
Apricot Fantasy Moon
Eggshell White & Buttercup Fantasy PrismeVitrail Glitter Medium
Gedeo Mixtion ReliefGedeo Gold Mirror Effect Leaves
(which are all Pebeo products)
and a 7" x 5" canvas board.
1. Mix the little pots of paint thoroughly before using them. Then make a pattern by dropping small amounts from each bottle onto the canvas with a mixing stick and letting them merge together to create the pattern.
2. Set aside to dry before drawing a pattern on top with the Gedeo Mixtion Relief.
3. Set aside again until the Mixtion Relief is dry.
4.Then place the gold leaves on top - gold side facing upwards and rub over the pattern with your finger.
5. Remove the "foil" to reveal the magic!
Posted by Ruth at 18:01 No comments:
Friday, 9 August 2019
Pebeo Resin Christmas Decorations
I have used Gedeo Crystal Resin and Christmas Moulds from Pebeo.
A few points to remember -
1. Have fun! It's simple and the results are wonderful!
2. Measure carefully and mix thoroughly.
3. Do not try to release the moulds between layers to check the progress as the next batch of resin may seep down the sides and some may get onto the front of your piece. I know this because I tried it!!
4. Just be patient and enjoy.
1. Mix up the resin following the directions on the box.
I used 10 ml of resin and 5 ml of hardener to start with and then made up more for the next layers.
Make sure to mix thoroughly for 3 - 5 minutes - this is VERY important!
Gently pour into the mould and set aside overnight .
To make the Star with Dovecraft Christmas Tales puffy sticker in the centre follow the next steps
3. Make up another small batch of resin and pour on top. Cover with a layer of fine glitter.
Set aside overnight to harden a little then cover with another layer of resin with a little gold paint and glitter added. Set aside to harden. Depending on the thickness of the resin, this may take 24 hours, or even slightly more. Mix glitter with another tiny batch of rein and add a final thin layer.
4. Set aside and leave to harden completely for at least 24 hours. Do not remove from the mould until it is completely dry and not tacky.
5. Add a loop of twine, some jingle bells and a ribbon bow.
To make the holly and berries...
Gedeo Christmas Moulds
Apple Green Vitrail
1. Mix a little resin with red glitter and carefully place into the berry shapes in the mould. Set aside to harden a little. Mix some green Vitrail into a little resin and pour into the leaves. Leave to harden overnight/ 24 hours then demould.
Gedeo Christmas Moulds
1. Mix red glitter with the resin and carefully pour into the bow and star shapes in the mould.
Set aside to cure a little and then add a layer of clear crystal resin.. Leave to cure (at least 24 hours) Remove from mould and add twine.
Gedeo Christmas Moulds
Red Glitter, twine, silver pearls, red bow
1. Place the pearls into the eyes. Add a little red glitter to the resin and carefully pour into the nose and bow. Pour some of the green Vitrail and resin mixture into the box.Set aside overnight to cure and then add a layer of clear Crystal resin. Leave for at least 24 hours to cure completely and demould. Add a bow, and twine.
Posted by Ruth at 14:51 No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)