I have seen some cards with a similar shape and wanted to recreate one with a Christmas theme so I used the gorgeous new "Winter Rose" papers from Trimcraft .
Trimcraft FE Winter Rose 12 x 12 paper pad Trimcraft FE Traditional Christmas dies FEDIE256x18 Simply Creative Gold Skinny Tinsel Simply Creative Snowflake Sequins( sorry they are in the wrong packet in the photo!) Simply Creative Decorative Clear Tape SCTOP069x19 Simply Creative Wreath die Dot & Dab Tacky Glue Dot & Dab Foam Tape white card die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Score and fold a 12 x 12 sheet of double sided paper into quarters. Then score and fold the top two quarters diagonally as shown. Cut a 14cm square of patterned paper and cut diagonally in half. Glue each half onto the top folded sections of the card.
Make a slit from the centre of the card to the bottom edge.
2. To make the little easel part -
Cut a piece of white card measuring 20cm x 10cm and fold in half on the long side . Then score and fold the front in half to create the easel part.
3. Cut paper to the sizes shown -
1 plain piece 9.5cm x 9.5cm and another 9cm x 9xm.
1 patterned piece 8cm x 8cm and another 8cm x 2cm
Cut a piece of white card measuring 8.5cm x 2.5cm
5. Glue the base of the little easel diagonally onto the left side of the paper as shown and cover the base with the 9.5cm square of plain paper. Layer the patterned strip onto the white strip and add to the card with foam tape.
6. Layer the pieces as shown and glue on the die cuts.
7. Glue the stags' heads below the top fold as shown.
8. Cut out a pheasant from the pad and glue below the easel. Add some snowflakes to teh patterned paper.
9. Add a strip of washi tape above the centre fold of the card and another short strip across the easel stopper, on top of the patterned paper.
10. Cut a strip of white card measuring 29.5cm x 6cm and fold in half. Cut 2 pieces of plain paper measuring 14.25cm x 5.5cm and 2 pieces of patterned paper measuring 13.75cm x 5cm. Glue the patterned paper onto the plain paper and attach to each side of the fold of the white card. Punch two circles of paper.
11. Punch a hole at each end. Thread a length of skinny tinsel through each ole, glue at the back and cover the glued end with a punched circle of patterned paper.
You can see a video on how to make the card here -
Saw Ruth making this card today, turned out beautiful, now I'm going to try and make one !!!! Watch this space lolReplyDelete
Very Nice article. I hope you will publish again such type of post. Thank youReplyDelete