I absolutely love making tent fold cards with added acetate and thought I'd share how I make them.
I've used beautiful Dovecraft "The Magic of Christmas" paper for this one and added lots of sparkle with glitter glue and gems.
You will need;
Dovecraft A4 Luxury Heavyweight white card
Dovecraft "Magic of Christmas " 12 x 12 paper pad
Dovecraft "Magic of Christmas " Poinsettias
Trimcraft First Edition Craft a Card die - Stocking FEDIE202x17
Simply Creative die - Merry Christmas SCDIE039x17
Simply Creative gold gems - 3mm and 6mm
Simply Creative ivory pearls - 3mm
Dovecraft A4 acetate
double sided tape
die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Score and fold an A4 piece of white card in half and tape the die (cutting side down) to the bottom of the card with masking tape. Pass through the die cutting machine. (You may need to pass it through the machine a couple of times).
2. Cut a piece of white card 21cm x 8cm and score at 1cm, 4cm and 7cm. Fold in mountain and valley fashion and add double sided tape to the underneath of the 1cm pieces.
3. Attach the 1cm piece to the bottom of the inside of the card.
4. Cut a piece of patterned paper measuring 14.5cm x 20.5cm and attach to the inside back of the card with double sided tape. Cut a piece of acetate measuring 14cm x 20cm and attach to the inside front of the card with double sided tape.
5. Attach the front inside to the gusset part to finish the tent shape.
6. Die cut the Merry Christmas from patterned paper and glue to the bottom of the card. Attach two poinsettias to the top left and one to the bottom right.
7. Add gold gems to the bottom and the stockings.
8. Decorate the stockings with red and gold glitter glue.
9. Add 3mm ivory pearls across the top of the card as shown.
Your cards are so special, thanks for the instructions.ReplyDelete
I know that this is a UK die, but can it be purchased on a site from there? I would love to have the site to purchase it. Thank you. Vickie Aust firstname.lastname@example.orgReplyDelete
Is there a site where I might order this stocking die. I have looked at different sites and can not find it. I am willing to order it from UK if I could find it. Thank you.ReplyDelete
Hi Vicky - Im not sure as I demo for shops but the die details are Trimcraft First Edition Craft a Card die - Stocking FEDIE202x17Delete
Hope that helps,