Trimcraft's beautiful new Pick 'n Mix papers are very vibrant and colourful - just the thing for happy occasions! I've chosen turquoise themed papers from the pads to make a birthday card which also uses Trimcraft First Edition dies to give a 3 dimensional effect inside.
What you will need:
Trimcraft First Edition Pick n Mix 12 x 12 paper pad
Trimcraft First Edition Pick n Mix 6x6 paper pad
Trimcraft First Edition Pinking Edge Nesting dies
Trimcraft First Edition Under the Sea dies
Trimcraft First Edition Modern Sentiment dies
Trimcraft First Edition Speech Bubble dies
Dovecraft 6x6 Polka Dot embossed card
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
Dovecraft Crystal Glitter Glue
double sided tape
die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Cut a piece of double sided patterned paper from the 12 x 12 pad to measure 14.5cm x 29cm and fold down the middle.
2. Fold the paper in half and secure the largest nesting die over the fold so that half of the die is over the fold as shown.
3. Place the plates of your die cutting machine over the paper with the folded part facing into the machine. Make sure the outside left edge is just outside the edge of the top plate so that it does not get cut.
4. Pass through the die cutting machine. The top and bottom of the die will have cut through but not the left and right sides. Score and fold the cut part into the centre as shown.
5. It will now look like this from above.
6. Open flat and centre the die which is 2 sizes smaller before passing through the machine. Save the piece which is cut out.
7. Add a bead of glue along the edges as shown.
8. Fold the 6x6 card almost in half and slip the insert inside. Close tightly to secure the glue.
9. Glue the reverse side of the piece which was cut directly inside the aperture.
10. Cut out "Fab" from the Modern Sentiment die set, fold in half and glue into the centre. Die cut the seahorse, octopus, crab and seaweed and glue to the aperture as shown. Cut out the dolphin and ball and glue to the left side of the card.
11.Cut a piece of white card to 7cm x 9.5cm and a piece of patterned paper to 7cm x 10.5cm. Fold 1cm over at the top of the patterned paper and glue to the back of the white card.
12. Attach this panel to the inside right of the card with a seaweed die cut on top. Add glitter glue to all the die cuts.
13. Cut a piece of turquoise paper from the 6x6 pad to measure 12cm x 12cm and a piece of brightly coloured paper to measure 11.5cm x11.5cm. Attach the coloured paper to the turquoise paper with double sided tape. Attach this panel to the card front with double sided tape.
14. Use the speech bubble die to cut two shapes - one from white card and the other from turquoise paper. Use the turquoise inner and the white outer (you can save the other pieces for another project). Glue the Birthday sentiment on top.