Lots of you will probably have got your new dies in the post this week so here's a little tutorial to give you some inspiration on ways to use them.
For this card I have used:
Ivory linen card (Papermill)
Trimcraft First Editions Blank Canvas 8x8 paper pad
Self adhesive pearl
To create the card base with both dies from the Tea Party die set you will need to pass the double thickness card through your machine a couple of times. I have used my Xcut Xpress for diecutting.
1. Score and fold an A4 sheet of card in half.
2. Place the outer die from the Tea Party set on top so that the top cutting edge is just above the fold of the card - and tape down in place.
2b. This is how it should look from the other side.
Pass through your die cutting machine.
3. You will have a plain card at this stage.
4. Tape the patterned die from the Tea Party set on to the top of the card and pass through your die cutting machine.
5.This will not cut though both pieces of card perfectly at this stage but you will need to open it and remove any loose pieces so that they do not become "embossed" onto your card.
6. Open the card and tape the back part onto the die and pass through your machine again to remove all the pieces from the back of the card.
7. Using the correct size from the Circle layering dies (I have numbered mine with a permanent marker and this is then No. 8) cut out a circle of patterned paper.
8. Cut out the Pour Me die from ivory card.
9. Glue this on top of the patterned paper circle.
10 .Cut out two teapots - one from ivory card and the other from patterned paper - saving all the "bits".
11. Ink the edges of the teapot.
12. Glue this on top of the other diecut as shown.
13. Now glue the little pieces from the patterned paper teapot in place and decorate the rest of the card with a bow, pearl and glitter glue.
(You can save the other little pieces and make a "reverse" teapot with them - ie a patterned teapot with ivory details.)
Fantastic tutorial Ruth love the design of this. Love Alison xxxReplyDelete
Gorgeous card Ruth, and thank you for another great tutorial, Happy Easter xxReplyDelete
brilliant tutorial ruth.the cut out card blank looks beautiful and i love the pretty teapot :DReplyDelete
xx coops xx
It's avery classy ,elegant card! Love it !ReplyDelete
A lovely card ! Thank you for the tutorial !ReplyDelete