Sunday 21 April 2013

Belfast Craft Fair - King's Hall


I spent the last 3 days at the craft fair in the King's Hall, Belfast and it was a wonderful experience. A massive "Thanks" to all who came to the Crafty Devils stand and gave me so much support. I was so proud of you all and really appreciate all the encouragement you gave a fellow countrywoman!! I was truly overwhelmed by the kindness and thoughtfulness shown by so many. It was fantastic to meet all those who had traveled long distances and I hope you all enjoyed your day and all the different things on offer. A special "Thanks" to Anna Johnston for being so thoughtful as to quietly bring me some lunch and tea to the stand when you saw me wilting - I'll not forget that in a hurry!

I had a great time demonstrating my Punch and Stamp designs and the other Pick of the Bunch products by Tonic Studios and I hope all who joined me enjoyed it too. Looks like Ireland will be blooming this summer!!

I went armed with my camera and hoped to take lots of photos but the show was a lot busier than I expected and it never came out of my bag all day on Thursday. The top photo was taken when Nigel May, who was visiting the show for a few hours on Friday came over to say "Goodbye" before he caught his plane back home. ...if you read this, Nigel, it was lovely to see you again and I'll be in touch soon.

On Saturday I met another lovely lady with whom I've been "friends" for a few years but hadn't met before...."Pinky". Although we'd never met IRL I felt like I was with an old friend. However, as you can see from the photo, by that stage I looked like I had been "pulled through a hedge backwards" as we say in N. Ireland :)



5 comments:

  1. A little birdie had told me you met our Pinky, how lovely was that for you both.

    So pleased the show went well, I thought about you lots of times.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, we go through hedges backwards here as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos - how nice to meet someone at last - yep I have that look too :-) z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen to you lol, you looked gorgeous and like you I felt I have known you a lifetime!! Hubby still hasn't uploaded photos from his phone...men lol. I had a great day and so enjoyed meeting you Ruth, we will have to do it again. I keep lifting my tonic kit and putting it back down again lol. Will be stalking your blog now for ideas lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos, looks like such a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth