Friday 4 January 2013

Red Peonies and Gingham


Happy New Year to one and all!!

 I've been missing for a while as my mother has been ill and was in hospital followed by a short stay in a nursing home. Thankfully she is now home again but very weak.  
So...this is "one I made earlier" in true Blue Peter style! It's actually one of the sample cards I made for Create and Craft when my window dies were released by Tonic Studios.
This one is the Peony window used with the coordinating Clear Stamp Die Toppers which I've coloured with Promarkers. The border punch is the Daisy Border 2 and my favourite Multi Detail Butterfly is up there at the top if the card.

I may be missing again for a short time as I'm going to hospital on Monday for an operation on my eye. I've been wanting this for a looong time and am really looking forward to the results!!
I suppose it's only right that I should take a minute to warn you all.....I damaged my right eye badly a long time ago with the cardboard label on a sweater which I was trying on to buy. As I pulled off the sweater the label tore my cornea very badly and I have had terrible problems ever since. Don't say you weren't warned!!

See you soon :)

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your Mum hasn't been so well, but hopefully she'll continue to get stronger now she's back home. Hope your eye op goes well and you make a speedy recovery and get back to crafting soon!
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Ruth and sorry to hear that your mum had been ill, I hope she keep improving and good luck with your op. Don't we just take our eyes for granted.

    lovely card, love the red and the gorgeoud dies, all the best Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Ruth! So fresh looking and summery. Hope your mum continues to recover well, and that your eye op also goes well - good luck!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, so sorry to hear about your Mum Ruth, I am pleased she is back at home now. Ouch, your eye injury sounds nasty. I hope the op goes well.

    Your card is gorgeous, such a beautiful design and the colours are wonderful

    take care
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, cheerful card. I hope all goes well with your op and that you get the results you want. Get well wishes to your Mum too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your latest card Ruth. Sorry to hear about your mum, hope she is soon tickety boo. Good luck with your eye op surprising what trying on a garment can do! Very best wishes Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch....amazing how such a simple act can cause such damage. I hope your Mum is a lot stronger and well now. Love this card...the colours and papers are terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth