The greens and blues of the Fiesta Fever paper pad look amazing together and I thought I'd make a card combining several of them together. I created a gate fold card with a pocket and insertand you can see how to make it below .
You will need:
2 Dovecraft 6x6 Ribbon Edge Cards
Dovecraft Luxury Heavyweight card (white)
Trimcraft First Edition "Fiesta Fever" 8x8 paper pad
Trimcraft First Edition Sentiment dies FEDIE269
Dovecraft Llama die - DCDIE115
Dovecraft Cactus die - DCDIE114
Simply Creative 3mm and 6mm pearls
Dot and Dab White Glue
Dot and Dab double sided tape
die cutting machine
2.5cm diameter circle punch
How to make it:
1. Take 2 ribbon edged cards, score and fold the front in half and turn one upside down. Punch a semicircle out of the top centre of one of the cards. Add double sided tape to the two sides and bottom of the punched card and attach to the bottom card to form a pocket.
2. Attach 2 pieces of turquoise patterned paper measuring 5.25cm x 14.5cm onto 2 pieces of turquoise card measuring 5.7cm x 15cm with double sided tape and attach to both sides of the card.
3. Cut 2 strips of green patterned paper measuring 1cm x 15.25cm.and thread through the ribbon edges. Secure at the top and bottom (on the underside) with a dab of glue.
4. Cut 2 pieces of white card measuring 5.5cm x 8cm and 6.5cm x 9cm and a piece of green patterned paper measuring 6cm x 8.5cm . Attach on top of each other with the smallest on top. Die cut a blue llama. Cut a Yay! from the paper pad and punch a 2.5cm circle from turquoise pstterned paper and cut the top off.
5. Glue the punched circle to the llama's back and glue them to the layered panel.Glue the Yay to the top of the panel. Cut a strip of striped paper measuring 5.5cm x 1.5cm and cut into fringes. Glue across the bottom of the panel. Add pearls and glue the llama panel at an angle to the front left of the card as shown. Die cut the Yay and Party from white and turquoise card, layer together as shown and glue to the top left and bottom right. Add pearls to the card front.
6. Cover the inside front of the pocket with green patterned paper. Attach a 15cm x 2.5cm strip of striped paper across the bottom of the pocket with double sided tape.- 1cm from the bottom. Glue a 4cm x 5.5cm rectangle of green paper above the strip on the right side with a white die cut cactus on top. Cut some tiny flowers from the paper pad and glue to the cactus. Cut out "Let's Fiesta" from the paper pad and glue at an angle to the left side.
7. Make the insert by attaching an 11cm x 12.5cm piece of floral paper to an 11.5cm x 13cm piece of white card. Add a white semicircle to the left side with a turquoise die cut llama and a green die cut cactus on top. Glue "Live you Dreams" to the left side.
8. I covered the back with bunting patterned paper - this is optional, of course :)