Sunday 18 August 2013

I'll be out and about demoing again :)........and some more NI photos

Hi. Hope this answers a lot of the emails and messages I've got lately..
Many of you will know that I cancelled all my upcoming demos etc back in May when my mother took very ill. I was sorry to have to do this and particularly sorry that I let some folk down at short notice. My mother has slowly improved so that, with the help of family and carers, I have now been able to start rescheduling.
I'll just put a few weeks in advance on here at a time but if anyone wants to check where I'm likely to be on any dates further away (into 2014) please feel free to email me or message me here, FB or Docrafts PM and I'll get in touch.


For the time being I'll be here.....
August 31st  - Hillmount Garden Centre (Gilnahirk, Belfast)
Sept 7th - Paperworks, Linen Green, Dungannon
Sept 12-14th - Event City, Trafford Centre, Manchester
Sept 28th - Inspiring Ideas, Dublin 
Oct 12th - Craft Shop, Derry/Londonderry

I have several others booked but I'll add them closer to the dates in question...

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you who have been in touch - so please do come and introduce yourself :)


Yesterday, we took my mother a little drive down the road to Carrickfergus - a place with so many memories for her as she and my late father spent many years setting up a business there.
Although I never actually lived in Carrick, I spent so much of my life in view of the castle and Belfast Lough and never actually thought to take many photos..I know some of you like to see a few of my amateurish photos of Northern Ireland now and then, so this is Carrickfergus - where the Norman castle dates from 1180.

 Carrickfergus castle

 View of Marine Highway from the Castle to Kilroot Power Station

 Carrick harbour





Whitehead

4 comments:

  1. Ruth shame you are doing your demos so far away otherwise I would have popped along to see you. Your photos of your day out are beautiful. Love Alison Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh wow fab photos .. pity i am so far away too
    sorry not been around much - making the most of the good weather and my new caravan
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear your Mum is on the mend and able to get out and about.
    Hugs
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your Mum is keeping a wee bit better, Ruth. Lovely photos - we had a wee trip up there a few weeks ago, staying in the Premier Inn, just beside the castle. We did the tour of the castle and had a run up round Whitehead as well. Mum had never been there before and the children thought all the coloured houses were like Balamorey! I spend 6 weeks of teaching practice in the school there many years ago, so it was nice to see it all again!
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth