Today's card showcases this week's offer from Papermill Direct - green pearlised card. I hope you can see the beautiful sheen off it in the photo. The card is 285gsm and you can buy 50 A4 sheets for £4.00. You can see the offer details HERE.
The other card from Papermill is white felt embossed, kraft and bright red.
I've used the new Tonic Studios Celtic Knot border punch along the edges of the white card and the flower are made with the Tonic Studios Clematis, Lily and Poinsettia Punch and Stamp set.
I've had quite a few emails asking about these sets...sometimes I show flowers made from them which bear no resemblance whatsoever to the named flowers on the boxes. Well, that's actually the idea behind the sets - the flowers on the boxes are only the starting point. Just twist, fold, colour and use your imagination and you never know what flower you'll have at the end :)
Anyhow, with that in mind, I've taken photos of the steps in making the flowers on this card..
This is the set I used.
1. Punch out 12 petals (the longer ones from the set ), 1 sepal and 1 stamen
2. Ink the outer edges of the petals.
3. Fold the petals in half with the inked part to the outside..it helps to use a pokey too to fold over.
4. The inked and folded petals should look like this.
5. I usually put some of the glue onto a piece of card so I can dip the ends of the petals into it.
6. Slightly flatten the inner point of the petal and dip into the glue before sticking to the longer parts of the punched sepal.
9. I added a punched sepal and a gem to the centre. I have added a few leaves punched from the pearlised card with the edges also inked in darker blue.