Monday 28 October 2019

Christmas Wreaths

I have been gathering supplies together to assemble into Christmas wreaths and love how they turned out!

I have used the following - 
Gold hanging hoop 30cm diameter - Product Code: 52429
Simply Creative Candy Cane Pipe Cleaners
Simply Creative Polystyrene Baubles
Simply Creative red and gold Faux Berries
Wooden Snow Flake Decorations Product Code: 568090
White Foam Clay (78921/1)
hot glue gun.

The large gold ring is so beautiful on its own that I didn't want to cover it completely.
 Firstly I covered the baubles in white foam clay, removed the loops and set aside to dry. 
Next, I grouped a packet of gold berries for each side at the bottom. I wired them together and glued to the ring, leaving about 6 cm in the centre. I glued them to the ring and repeated with red berries just above the gold. 
Then I glued a wooden snow flake to each side, above the berries and added a few more gold and red berries above these.I made 6 double loops from the pipe cleaners and glued these in behind the snowballs, and between the berries.
 I used 4 pipe cleaners curled into loops to make the bow then added 1 pipe cleaner for the tails. I twisted another pipe cleaner around the centre to hold them in place, then added some glue to the back.


Star Wreath


Gold hanging star 30cm diameter - Product Code: 52423
Simply Creative Candy Cane Pipe Cleaners
Simply Creative Polystyrene Baubles
Simply Creative red and gold Faux Berries
Simply Creative Artificial Snow
Dovecraft Crystal Glitter Glue
Wooden Snow Flake Decorations Product Code: 568090
hot glue gun.


 I covered the wooden snowflakes with Glitter Glue and set aside to dry.

I coated the baubles in Mod Podge Gloss and dipped in the Artificial snow to cover, then set aside to dry.
To make the wreath I bunched 2 packets of gold berries and 1 packet of red berries together for each side of the snowballs.I wired these together, wired them to the wreath and glued at the back.
Then I glued the snowballs in place in the centre.
I glued the wooden snow flakes behind the snowballs and then added double loops of pipe cleaners between the snowballs and the berries. 
I used 4 pipe cleaners curled into loops to make the bow then added 1 pipe cleaner for the tails. I twisted another pipe cleaner around the centre to hold them in place, then added some glue to the back.



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely project. I'm going to try it out, tho I may have to improvise with the pipe cleaners. Thank you for another great idea ��

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth