I've used the Trimcraft First Edition "Front Door" die set with Dovecraft Magic of Christmas papers to create a little book shaped card with a bookmark to match. All the steps are shown below.
You will need:
Dovecraft "Magic of Christmas" 6x6 paper pack
Dovecraft "Magic of Christmas" pearls
Trimcraft First Edition Build a Scene (Front Door) die set FEDIE185x17
A6 white card and envelope
A4 white card
die cutting machine, hole punch, fine embossing tool
1. Cut a piece of patterned paper to fit exactly on top of an A6 white card. Using the measurements shown, remove the section of paper and glue to the card front.
2. Mark 2cm from the left side and the bottom, then 2cm from right top and side. Remove these corners. Draw fine black lines as shown.
3. Use a fine embossing tool and a ruler to mark "pages" on the white card. Measure 2.5cm from the side and 1cm from the top and make a slit measuring 4cm.
4. Cut a piece of white card measuring 7cm x 2cm and glue by the sides only to the inside of the card about 3cm from the bottom. The bookmark will slip into this.
5. Cut a piece of holly patterned paper measuring 3cm x 13cm and glue to a piece of white card measuring 3.5cm x 13.5cm. Punch a hole at the top and add twine.
6. The bookmark slips into the slit in the card and down into the tab on the inside.
7. Die cut the door from spotty paper and glue onto white card. Cut around the outside. Die cut two pillars and the two arch pieces from white card and glue to the card with the door in the centre.
8. Die cut the wreath from patterned paper and glue to the door. Die cut the two bows, layer on top of each other and add pearls.
9. Die cut 3 wreath shapes from spotty paper and glue to the bookmark with tartan bows at the top of each.
This card is amazing! I am hosting a challenge at the wecraftcards Forum in the near future and would like to use this card as my challenge. Will be linking to your site so that people can see your excellent tutorial!ReplyDelete