These are the instructions for making a 6x6 card with folded paper inside which "explodes" open when you open the card. I hope you enjoy making it :)
You will need;
Dovecraft white 6x6 Embossed Polka Dot card
Trimcraft Santoro Willow 6x6 paper pad
Trimcraft Santoro Willow A4 paper pad
Trimcraft Santoro Willow A4 Glitter Stickers
Trimcraft Santoro Willow Jute
Trimcraft Santoro Willow Engraved Sentiments
Trimcraft Santoro Willow dies
Trimcraft Santoro Willow Plastic Buttons
double sided tape
How to make the card.
1. Take 2 pages from the 6x6 paper pad and trim the outer one to 14.5cm x 14.5cm. Trim the heart patterned paper to 14cm x 14cm and attach to the other piece with double sided tape. Attach both of these to the card front with double sided tape.
2. Trim the border sticker from the A4 Glitter sheet to fit across the bottom of the card, then attach the central sticker shown to a piece of burgundy patterned paper measuring 7.5cm x 10.25cm and attach to the centre of the card.
3. Thread a length of the Jute through an Engraved Sentiment and tie in a bow. Attach to the top left of the image with a hot glue gun. Add dots of glue to the jute and create a wavy design with the ends.
4. Use some of the patterned paper from the 6x6 pad to die cut a flower from the Willow die set and shape lightly with a bone folder/embossing tool to give a little dimension. Glue a plastic button into the centre.
5. Trim one of the pages from the A4 pad to 20cm x 20cm and fold into quarters as shown (with the pattern facing inwards)
6. Fold across one diagonal with the plain side facing inwards.
7. Hold both points where the paper has been folded across the diagonal and bring these into the centre, then fold down to give a dimensional square as shown.
8. Put double sided tape around the edges of each square - TOPSIDE and UNDERNEATH.
9. Remove the backing from the tape on the underneath side, place the square diagonally into the card - making sure that the folded part ie the centre of the patterned paper is in the fold of the card - and stick down.
10. Then remove the backing from the top square and close the front of the card over so that it is attached in place. Press firmly down onto the tape.
11. Attach a piece of white card measuring 8cm x 8cm to the right side of the folded part to add your message and add some more stickers from the Glitter Sticker sheet.