Saturday 18 August 2012

Black Roses




Would you believe it - this is the first time I've done heat embossing! I've never tried it before but decided to get a heat gun last week and give it a go. I really loved the effect of the powder melting before my eyes and, of course couldn't stop. You'll see some of the others soon.
I've coloured so many floral stamps over the past few weeks that I wanted to try a different effect. This is another of the cards which I made for the Norwegian trade fair so I used the beautiful Scalloped Arc border punch layered up twice on the side of the card and the Oval Shape Mate for the aperture and frame.
I normally prefer natural colours for the flowers on my cards and that's certainly what I had in mind when I drew the Pick of the Bunch collection but I've been experimenting with "outside the box" colours and love this too.
The stamps used on this card are from the Roses pack

7 comments:

  1. The great colour palette again Ruth, and the heat embossing gives a lovely crisp finish to your images.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is gorgeous Ruth. I love the colours and the layout is fabulous.
    I will definitely try to watch the Create and Craft show next week, thanks for the info( you know how much I love floral cards)
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Ruth, I have not tried heat embossing yet,I must give it a go. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous...lovely image and papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card, Ruth! So pleased about the 4 day deal - I should be able to catch a show or two this time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love heat embossing and don't do this often enough. It was the first technique I used. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love heat embossing and the effect it gives. I probably wouldn't have thought of black roses but I will now - your card is stunning. Pat x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth