In this Step by Step tutorial I'll show you how to make the wheel shown below, including the carriages but you can also see how to make the other wheel in my video here -
You can also see how I used this same die set to make a gift box here -
Please note that you can follow the
steps from the instructions if you want to go ahead and cut all your pieces
together and have them ready. In this Step by Step tutorial I’ll be cutting
them as I use them so that you can follow along and know which pieces you will
need to cut in each colour.
6 of each colour together to form a circle/ wheel.
4. TOP TIP. Because the gold mirror
card tends to curl slightly when die cut, hold it in place with double sided
tape on the back.
5. Die cut 12 of each of these
shapes. (There are two similar dies of each. These are the “thicker” dies)
6. Glue these to the reverse side of
the gold wheels as shown, checking from the front that they are aligned correctly.
8. Die cut 6 small bars and 1 large
bar from gold mirror card. Burnish the score lines, fold and glue to form tubes,
leaving the tabs open at both ends.
9. Insert the small bars through one of the lilac wheels from the “wrong” side up to the glue tabs. Fold and adhere the tabs to the “wrong” side of the wheel. Place and adhere one of the gold wheels to the back of the lilac wheel to hide the exposed glue tabs.
11. Use these circles to cover the
exposed holes on the front of the gold wheel.
12. Die cut 12 Ocean Blue carriage pieces and 12 each of the decorative panels in glitter card.
13. (OPTIONAL) I have used 216 gsm card and therefore decided to reinforce the carriages by cutting extra panels, trimming to fit the sides and gluing in place.
15. Fold up the side glue tabs and
glue in place to form carriages. Make 6 carriages.
16. Place the carriages onto the
17. Place the 2nd lilac
wheel (right side facing inwards) over the bars then fold and adhere the tabs
to the “wrong” side of the wheel.
18. Place and adhere one of the gold
wheels to the back of the lilac wheel to hide the exposed glue tabs.
19. When the gold wheel is in place, cover the holes with the remaining glitter circles.
20. Die cut 2 front/ back stands from
Ocean Blue card and 2 decorative panels from glitter card. Glue the panels in
OPTIONAL - I have cut 2 extra panels and removed the glue
tabs, then glued these to the reverse of the main panels to reinforce them.
21. Die cut the sides 6 times – 2 in
white (300gsm card) and 4 in Ocean Blue.
Remove the glue tabs from the white
sides and 2 of the Ocean Blue sides.
22. Die cut the plain panels in lilac card and use both dies together on gold card to create the decorative panels. Glue the decorative panels onto the lilac panels.
23. Die cut 2 bases. One from white
(or matching colour) 300gsm card and the other from Ocean Blue card.
24. Glue the 2 decorated sides onto
the white base.
25. Glue white sides to the inside of
the stand and then glue the remaining Ocean Blue sides on top with the right
sides facing inwards.
26. Glue the front and back in place
27. Glue the Ocean Blue base into the
28. Die cut 2 white circles (with
holes) and 2 glitter card decorative circles.
29. Finish by threading the large bar
through the holes in a white circle , the Stand, your wheel and a second white
circle die cut. Fold and glue the large bar glue tabs to the white circle outer
faces and glue a glitter card decorative circle onto each end to hide the
exposed glue tabs. Finally, glue a handle die cut to one end to complete your