I've used the Dovecraft "Little Red Robin" collection from Trimcraft to make this 2 tiered gate fold card with a belly band. There is a topper inside the top gate fold and room to write underneath the flap on the lower gate fold part.
You will need:
Dovecraft A4 luxury heavyweight white card
Little Red Robin 8x8 paper pad
Little Red Robin topper
Little Red Robin felt topper (Robin)
Little Red Robin wooden frame
Little Red Robin cutting dies
Little Red Robin red pearl marker
Little Red Robin gems
Dot & Dab double sided tape
Dot & Dab white glue
Dovecraft brown foam
die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Score as piece of A4 white card at 7.5cm from both sides on the longer length. to create a gatefold card. Measure down 7cm from the top and make a slit in to the fold line on both sides.
2. Cut a piece of white card measuring 14.5 cm x 15cm and score at 1cm from the top on the 15cm length.. Fold and attach across the centre of the card with double sided tape, level with the slits in the sides.
3. Open the sides out at the top and attach a piece of red spotty paper measuring 14 cm x 6.5cm with double sided tape. Attach 2 pieces of the same paper measuring 7cm x 13.5cm to both of the gatefold fronts.
4. Attach 2 pieces of music paper measuring 7cm x 6.5 cm to the fronts of the top folds and a 14cm x 13.5 cm piece of the same paper to the centre lift up flap.
5. Attach 2 pieces of robin paper measuring 6cm x 5.5 cm to the top flaps. Make a hole in each 1.5cm from the edge and thread a length of twine through each. Secure at the back with a circle of robin paper . Attach 2 pieces of robin and tree paper measuring 6 cm x 12.5 cm to the lower front flaps with double sided tape.
6. Glue a Merry Christmas topper to the inside at the top.
7. Die cut the robin and leaves from brown foam. Die cut the robin's chest from white foam and replace the brown in the original bird, Colour the top of the breast with the red pearl marker. Glue onto the centre panel.
8. Cut a strip of white card measuring 29cm x 3cm. Score and fold at 7.25cm from each side. Cut 2 pieces of red spotty paper measuring 2.5cm x 6.75cm and another measuring 2.5cm x 14.5cm and attach to the strip. Cut a piece of white card and a piece of music paper measuring 4.5 cm x 6 cm and glue behind the wooden frame.
9. Die cut the leaves again from brown foam and glue to each side of the frame on the front of the belly band. Attach the felt robin to the frame and add red gems to the leaves.
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth