This is a little inspiration idea for those of you who have already ordered Craft Kit 8 from Tonic Studios and also a little teaser for those who are still wondering if they should buy :)
The dies make up a little square matchbox and cover which can be used in lots of different ways eg single drawers, multiple drawer units, favour boxes etc. The finished look can be varied just by using different papers and embellishments.
I have also used white card and Tonic Studios Scalloped Square Layering dies 1453e.
You could add little notes or photographs on the scalloped squares :)
1. Use the two largest dies and cut each of them out twice.
7. Then fold the two pieces with the tabs in towards the bottom of the box to hold it all in place. You can add glue to these before pushing down if you like.
8. Take the other two pieces which you cut out earlier and glue the two tabs.
9. Adhere the glued tabs to the inside of the straight edged pieces to form the cover/outside of the matchbox.
10. From an A4 piece of white card, cut two 5.6 cm strips, score these at every 5.6 cm along the length and concertina fold. Remove the extra little tab from one of the pieces and glue the two together using the other little tab.
11. Cut 5.5cm squares of the the navy blue weave textured card and the grey/blue textured card and die cut the shapes shown above. Trim to fit and glue to the navy/ blue card.
14. Die cut 3 large patterned pieces from silver card. Glue one onto a 6cm x 6cm square of blue card. Cut the other pieces in half and glue onto 4 pieces of blue card measuring 6cm x 3cm. Glue these pieces onto the top and side of the matchbox. Die cut the 3 handle pieces shown, glue together and glue to the front of the drawer.