Thursday 12 April 2012

Lilac and gingham







Gingham again....I'm going to have to buy some more gingham paper as my supply is running low!
There is something about it that really appeals to me - and I just love it with flowers and stitching.

The image on today's card is Scabious from A Passion for Stamps and the paper is Papermania Colossal and Craft Creations gingham. This Tonic Studios Daisy Border punch always looks great when it has some stitches on it - I've used it before with "running stitch" but this time I used "blanket stitch"  and I love the effect!
The flowers around the bottom of the image were made using the Tonic Studios Simplicity Geared Daisy punch....soo easy to use. And, of course, I've added my favourite  Multi Detail Butterfly  which I've layered with a gingham one on top to match the paper.

Don't forget to visit Blog Tonic where there is a "sticky stuff" giveaway

Challenges
Crafty Ribbons ...things with wings
Paperplay ...things with wings

17 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth, this is really lovely. I have a few of your images and even though I don't blog all my cards I get lovely comments from friends and family when I use your images. Rather than buy gingham papers you can purchase digital gingham papers from Pink Petticoat which has all different colours and then print them when you need them. Thank you for all your inspiration.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, so fresh looking xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love the lilac and how you stitched along the border punch, so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth,
    Beautiful card,image and papers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. really gorgeous love the soft combo
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hus
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours, I love the stitching detail. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful ruth.gorgeous pretty colours and design and your flowers are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth this is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CRAFTY RIBBONS.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Ruth! Great colour combo - very spring like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Ruth, your image is so beautiful and love the colours and your stitching on that border looks fab.
    I too use the digi gingham papers from pink petticoat as Debbie mentioned, you get so many colours and never run out.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tone on tone works beautifully Ruth.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! spring is back - even if only on your card. It's beautiful Ruth, I just love the colours. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruth, what an absolutely stunning card!! I love your gorgeous image, colours and papers. I totally agree with you about gingham papers - I love them too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Ruth ,i love the stitching and fab colours.
    Thankyou for joining us at CRAFTY RIBBONS.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is totally beautiful, thanks so much for taking the time to share your work with us at Paper Play this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very soft colors. All your works are great! I am so glad that I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fresh and sweet lavender colours on a delicate card!
    Love it !
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth