Sunday 10 January 2010

Basic Grey and Caardvarks challenges



Have you seen the gorgeous inspirational photo on the lastest challenge over at Basic Grey? All I can say is "Wow!!"
As anyone whose house I've been transforming lately will know,these colours and this style are right at the top of my "go for it" list...

I was having a look at some challenge blogs which I've never visited before and fell in love with the beautiful sketch on the Caardvarks challenge so I decided to combine the two challenges.

The paper I've used is Basic Grey/ Nook and pantry which was sent to me by my dear friend Tara (thanks again!) and Making Memories/Pearl swirl..I Do.
The stems were made with an Xcut Impress border stencil in my Cuttlebug and the flowers with an Xcut punch.
Not my usual style but I think I could get to like it.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ruth, love the papers and the lo you chose. Fabulous details and that bow and the charm are stunning!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at BG.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning card and so unusual, I love the colours. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Ruth and wonderful design and papers too. The little charm is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at BG Challenges this time. Chris and the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flower stems, very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Ruth well done on your BG win gorgeous creation love it,

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth