Thursday 25 October 2018

It's just life..


Today I'm sharing something which is a lot more private than my usual posts, but I'm hoping it will be a benefit to a lot of my friends. Last night was the last session of the Stress Control classes which I have been attending and I would highly recommend them to anyone who has the opportunity to go along. It's a six week course which covers almost every aspect of stress known to man. It's delivered in a very "no nonsense", sensible way with a few laughs thrown in. None of us is immune from stress and we all need the necessary tools to cope with it when we are dealing with it. Stress levels have been very high at home with our present situation and I have found the subjects covered and information given really helpful on a daily, almost hourly basis.

The fact that the classes were held only 5 minutes from home was also a great bonus because it meant that I could go for the 1 1/2 hours each week knowing that David was never alone at home, always tucked up in bed, usually asleep and completely supportive.
Check out the Stress Control NI Facebook page for more information, including where the next classes will be held.
The classes are FREE and were run by the Monkstown Village Initiative in conjunction with the Northern Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth