The beautiful papers in the Trimcraft First Edition "The Gift of Christmas" paper pad look really well in this type of card fold. The quality of the paper as well as the colours and patterns give great results :) There are lots of different images in the pad which can be used inside the aperture and I've chosen the two little angels.
To make this card you will need:
Dovecraft 6x6 Polka Dot Embossed card
Trimcraft First Edition "The Gift of Christmas"12 x 12 paper pad
Simply Creative "Holly" dies
Dovecraft 10mm 3D foam squares
Dovecraft crafters glue
double sided tape
die cutting machine
How to make it
1. Cut a 13.5cm x 13.5cm square of gold striped paper. Using a craft knife or trimmer, mark 2cm inside the square and cut out. Set this piece aside to use in step 5.
2. Cut a piece of double sided paper measuring 12.5cm x 12.5cm and score a square inside - 3cm from the outside.
3. Using a craft knife, cut from each corner diagonally across the centre.
4. Fold the points up to the outside edge and back again to the score line.
5. Take the piece left over from step 1. and create a 1cm frame by removing the inside.
6. Glue the frame onto the card as shown.
7. Attach a 3D foam square to the points of each folded part.
8. Fold over and add another 3D foam square to the underside, as shown.
9. Choose an image from the paper pad and place the frame over it, mark where to cut, then cut the piece out and glue to the underside of the aperture.
10. Die cut the Christmas sentiment and cut a 1cm strip of white card to fit behind the "Christmas".
11. Attach the panel to the large gold "frame" from step 1 and attach to the card with double sided tape. Glue the Christmas sentiment to the top left corner. Add red glitter glue all around the edges of the aperture folds.
12. Die cut the holly leaves from gold striped paper and white card.
13. Glue the holly leaves to the bottom right corner.
Very very nice Christmas card you shared!!! I really like the paper patterns and colors.ReplyDelete
Just catching up with your blog. Love seeing all the places you have days out to. Maybe one day I will get the chance to see them for myself. Please can I ask who makes the 'Christmas' die. Thank you.ReplyDelete
Thanks Bella. That's a Trimcraft die - part of a set FEDIE193x17Delete