Trimcraft have just released their new Christmas dies and the Craft a Card dies are even more fabulous than the last ones! I've used the 6x6 Woodland Craft a Card die as the background for this decorative frame and all the instructions are below -I hope you enjoy making it!
You will need -
Trimcraft First Edition 6x6 Craft a Card die - Woodland FEDIE201x17
Trimcraft First Edition Reindeer Themed dies - FEDIE194x17
Trimcraft First EditionChristmas Tree dies -FEDIE195x17
Dovecraft Wreath and Holly die set
Dovecraft Premium "Time to Sparkle" 6x6 paper pad
Dovecraft A4 Heat Resistant Acetate
Dovecraft double sided tape
Dovecraft A4 Luxury Heayweight card
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
Simply Creative Gold Gems - 3mm and 6mm
3D frame 17cm x 17cm Empress Tree
Folk Art Chalk Paint - Metallic Gold
Folk Art Chalk Paint - White Adirondack
Plaid Mod Podge - Matt
Set of battery lights (20)
Die cutting machine
Hot glue gun
Drill / tool to create hole in back of wooden frame
How to make it -
1. Paint the frame and inside "box" area of the frame with Metallic Gold chalk paint. Set aside to dry.
2. When the gold paint has dried, paint with 2 coats of white paint. Leave to dry, then use sandpaper to create a distressed finish.
3. Drill a small hole near the bottom of the back of the frame to thread the lights through. Cut a 13cm square of black and gold paper, mark the hole and cut out. Add a thin layer of Mod Podge to the back of the frame and to the back of the paper. Adhere the paper to the frame.
4. Thread the lights through the hole and wrap around the outer edge of the frame - secure in place with dabs of hot glue.
5. Cut a 15cm square of acetate and score 1cm in from all sides. Cut out the little corner pieces and fold the edges upwards.
6. Slip the acetate down into the frame covering the lights. Keep an equal distance from the top all around.
7. Die cut the Woodland scene and trim to 13cm square. Attach to the top of the acetate with little dabs of glue around the edges.
8. Die cut a reindeer, 3 trees and the holly as shown above.
9. Cut one of the trees in half. Cut strips of acetate and attach to the back of the tree, reindeer and half tree as shown - fold back tabs and add double sided tape.
10. Attach the trees and reindeer and varying levels to create a dimensional look. Glue the other tree to the frame as shown.
11. Attach the holly to the top of the frame at the corners with acetate.
12. Add lots of gold gems to the berries on the die cut and replace the frame on the front.
A magical winter woodland scene :)
Wow! Another gorgeous project, I love it Ruth xReplyDelete
I know I am late to the party...like 4 yrs!... but I wanted to tell you how delightful this creation is. I hope you hace pulled it out and added it to your decor every holiday. I must find some products so I can try to emulate your inspiring work of art.ReplyDelete