I've used the new Doily and Nesting Blooms dies from Trimcraft with the beautiful Painted Blooms collection to create this card which pops out at the front when you open it.
To make this card you will need:
Dovecraft Let's Picnic 6x6 card
Dovecraft Painted Blooms 6x6 paper pad
Dovecraft Painted Blooms die set
Dovecraft Painted Blooms mini bows
Dovecraft Painted Blooms plastic button
Dovecraft Painted Blooms gems
Trimcraft First Edition Nesting Blooms dies
Trimcraft First Edition Doily dies
double sided tape
die cutting machine
1. Cut a 14.5cm x 14.5cm square of diagonal striped paper and attach to the card front with double sided tape. Attach the 9cm diameter doily die to the centre of the card front and pass through the die cutting machine (make sure you open the card out first!)
2. Cut a piece of white card to 15cm x 22.5cm. Score and fold in mountain and valley style at 7.5cm and 15cm. Cut 2 piece of card measuring 6cm x 2.75cm and fold in half on the 6cm side.
3. Attach the right panel of the folded card to the right edge of the card blank with double sided tape.
4. Glue the folded tabs to the left panel as shown. Put glue on the back of the tabs, close the card over and hold in place.
5. It should look like this from the front.
6. Cut 2 pieces of patterned paper measuring 15cm x 7.25cm and attach to the left and right panels on the inside with double sided tape.
7. Close the card and apply glue to the semicircle showing through the aperture.
8. Use the doily shape which was left when the aperture was made in the front of the card to stick to the glued area, matching up the notches carefully. Die cut the smaller doily shape with patterned paper and glue on top.
9. Die cut the Nesting Blooms die which fits into the doily and stamp "Especially for You " in the centre. Glue to the centre of the card.
10. Add a mini bow, button and gem to the top left of the stamped area. Die cut the flower and glue to the bottom right of the card and add gems.
11. Die cut the dragonfly and glue to the right panel of the card.
Thank you sooooo much for the tutorial!!!! The card is beautiful, and your instructions, INCLUDING the pictures for us visual people, are great!!!!ReplyDelete