Today I have a little tutorial showing how I made a card with a pocket inside. It's a Mother's Day card in this instance but could be adapted to suit any occasion.
I have made it Pansy themed and added a few packets of Pansy seeds in the pocket inside.
All made with Papermill Direct White Linen cardstock and stuck together with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
You'll need....White linen cardstock, new lilac and grape cardstock (both from Papermill) Mystick permanent adhesive, Crafty Power Tape, 60cm white satin ribbon, Tonic Studios Trellis Wall die, Tonic Studios Punch and Stamp set (Rose, Pansy, Camelia, Gardenia), white gel pen,black ink and tools.
To make the pocket card..
1. Cut 2 pieces of card measuring 18.5cm x 16.5cm and score at 1cm on the 16cm side. Fold both sides back.
2.Run a length of MyStik permanent adhesive along one of the folded 1cm edges.
3. Stick both sides together to form a card with a spine.
4. Cut a piece of white card measuring 19cm x 10cm and score at 1cm, 2cm 17cm and 18cm on one side and at 1cm and 2cm on the other side. I use my Tonic Studios Super Trimmer to do this quickly.
5. Cut off the 4 little squares at each side.
6. Add a length of Mystik along the pieces shown above, fold these back and stick together to form a pocket.
7. Attach the pocket centrally on the inside right hand side of the card.
8. Cut 2 pieces of new lilac Papermill cardstock slightly smaller than the card front and add a length of Crafty Power Tape all around the edges then attach a 30cm piece of ribbon as shown.
9. Die cut 2 Tonic Studios Trellis Wall shapes and cut off 2.5cm from the bottom of both.
10. Matt and layer a piece of lilac gingham paper onto the plain cardstock and attach to the front of the card then join the Trellis Wall dies as shown.
Making the Pansies..
Lovely pansies Ruth, I think they have to be my favourite from the sets so far, so many colours options as well.ReplyDelete
lovely pansies and card.i love the tonic punches...xReplyDelete
Just stunning and great tutorial. xxReplyDelete
Beautiful Ruth, I have ordered set 1 and 2 so will be waiting impatiently for them to arrive. I love these Tonic Punch and stamp sets. Your very talented, Linda xReplyDelete
Another beautiful creation Ruth you always make them look so easy to make ...This I must try. Thank you so much for sharing....PeterReplyDelete
Love these pansies! XReplyDelete
Thanx for the inspiration - stunning cardsReplyDelete
Laurie Hill xx
These pansies are stunning.ReplyDelete
fab tutorial & a great idea to put little gifts in xReplyDelete