Sunday 7 October 2012

Punch away..



Good morning. Another month has flown by and I can't belive it's now October....we didn't even have a Summer and Autumn has sneaked up on us! Well, I'm not ready yet to give in to Autumn colours and have coloured my Peony stamp in Carmine and Ruby Promarkers with a little glitter on the Gold in the centre. This is my DT card for the October challenge at Sir Stampalot and the theme is "Punch away"...so right up my street!
There is, as always a super prize so start punching and join in.

I used the Tonic Studios Border System with the Diamond Accent punch as seen in the photos to make the decorative panel which I threaded with ribbon...




I've discovered a brilliant product for sticking all my intricate punched details to the card...E-Z Dots Mini (Permanent) from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.
First I punched a strip of card along both sides with the Tonic Studios Diamond Accent punch and threaded some fine ribbon down the centre.
If you look closely you'll see how I used the E-X Dots over punched areas and the adhesive is not visible on the right side. I also used it to attach the pink Daisy Border 2  punched card.


Then, to give a little dimension to the card, I attached the cut out Peony to the card using 3D foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.

11 comments:

  1. Is always such clever use of your punches Ruth and a lovely touch threading the ribbon through.

    Thanks for great DT piece again this month,hope you have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Ruth. I LOVE your beautiful Peony and gorgeous design using punches

    I hope you have a good Sunday
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth, your card looks gorgeous; love that middle design. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful punch work Ruth, gorgeous creation too. Love the flower image.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how you used the ribbon through the punched holes Ruth, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Ruth! I love the punching and the colour of your peony is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stunning ruth.beautiful pretty design and i love your peony :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Ruth, love your gorgeous Peony & fabulous design.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Ruth, it's so fresh and pretty, and putting the ribbon through the punched border is a lovely idea.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Ruth...really like how you have threaded the ribbon through the lattice you created

    ReplyDelete
  11. New ideas new success for a splendid card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth