Friday 5 June 2009

Father's Day


Sadly my own father passed away when I was only 12 years old and I think about him every day but even more so at Father's Day as it was around that time that he died.However,on the bright side I do have a wonderful husband and I have made him a card from "the boys". I have combined the mytimetocraft challenge(making a Father's Day card) with the sketch provided by Friday Sketchers who are sponsored this week by Sirstampalot.
I drew the image because my husband is a joiner(carpenter) and coloured it with Promarkers.
I have aded some mini tools which I bought ages ago from a dolls' house shop.
And okay,for anyone who knows him.....he hasn't had this much hair since I married him 22 years ago!!

10 comments:

  1. This is lovely Ruth, and im sure if your father was alive, he would adore this card, its lovely.
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic....perfect for Fathers Day,love the little tools!!! So young to lose your father,so sorry.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! brilliant image and hand drawn too, amazing!!! Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o) Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours great male card

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card. Great colours and great embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh you are clever wish i could draw. This would be perfect for my brothers birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your drawing is fabulous! This is such a great card, I love the little tools!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really great card Ruth, lovely colours and drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wonderfu male card Ruth great colours. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great image wish I could draw like that. Love the colour combo and the embellishments.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth