Photo Transfer Medium by Plaid is one of those products that once you've tried it, you''ll want to use over and over again. It's quite magical just to watch the photo appearing on your project when you rub away the excess paper after you have applied the medium! I've shown the steps below in decorating this little trinket box.
You will need:
Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium
Plaid Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint - Sheepskin
Create Craft Round Wood Chip box
Trimcraft Santoro Mirabelle 2 Paper Flowers
Trimcraft Santoro Mirabelle 2 Pearls
Trimcraft Santoro Mirabelle 2 Lace ribbon
Dovecraft Glitter Glue - Crystal
Trimcraft First Edition dies - Foliage
Trimcraft First Edition dies - Butterflies
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
Laser copy photograph
Before you start - It is best not to use an original photograph. Instead you should have a laser copy made. If there is any text on the photo you will need to have a mirror image made so that the transferred image is the correct way round.
1. Prepare the surface which you will be transferring the photo onto. I used a little wooden trinket box and painted it with "Sheepskin" Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint.
2. Cut the photo to the required size and squeeze some Photo Transfer Medium onto it.
3. Spread thickly over the whole photograph.
4. Carefully lift the photograph by the edges, making sure that your fingers do not remove any of the medium. Place it onto the surface with the photograph facing downwards.Gently press the whole area to make sure it has no air bubbles.
Leave for 24 hours before removing!
5. Soak the sponge and then squeeze out the excess water. Apply to the top of the image until the whole area is moist.
6. Gently rub the paper with the sponge to reveal the photo.
7. Reapply water with the sponge if necessary and continue until the whole photo is revealed.
8. Stipple around the edges of the photo with Chalk Paint and a stencil brush
9. Die cut leaves and glue to the edge at the bottom left of the photo. Glue on three paper flowers. Add some glitter glue and pearls.
10. Add some die cut leaves and a die cut butterfly to the top and the attach a pearl in the centre of the butterfly.
11. Glue the lace ribbon around the sedge of the lid.