The new Distressed Wood and Curlew Deco Mache papers from Trimcraft look great along with their new Seaside themed dies. I've used them together to decorate this lovely wooden perpetual calendar.
Create Craft Perpetual Calendar (13.55 cm x19.2 cm)
White Chalk Paint
Trimcraft First Edition Deco Mache paper - "Distressed Wood" and "Curlew"
Trimcraft First Edition Beach dies
Dovecraft 6x6 Colours Paper Pack
Trimcraft Deco Mache Gloss Decoupage Glue
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
Dovecraft Crystal Glitter Glue
Dovecraft Pastel Pink 3D Pearl Effects
Flax Twine (2mm- 180mm)
die cutting machine
1. Remove the wooden blocks and paint the rest of the calendar with white chalk paint.
2. Cut a piece of Distressed Wood Deco Mache paper measuring 13cm x 19cm and glue to the back with the Deco Mache Glue. Snip at the sides where the part holding the blocks is attached and continue to glue down.
3. Cut 2 pieces of Curlew Deco Mache paper measuring 6cm x 8.5cm and glue to the sides.
4. Die cut 2 of the Beach sign dies - once in white and once in kraft. Set the white sign on top of a piece of masking tape and place the "negative cut outs" from the kraft sign into it. Trim away the excess masking tape.
5. Cut out a curlew from the Deco Mache paper.
6. Make a little "post" from kraft card and attach with the Beach sign to the calendar. Die cut an anchor from grey paper and glue on top of the sign.
7. Die cut 2 shells - once in white and once in grey paper and swap the centres as shown. Glue to the right side of the calendar.
8. Glue the Curlew on top of the sign with the Decoupage Glue. Add a line of Crystal Glitter Glue around the Curlew to define the edges. Make "pearls" in the centres of the shells with the Pastel Pink 3D Pearl Effects.
9. Tie a Savoy Knot (a figure 8) in the twine and glue to the right hand side of the calendar , gluing the tails as shown.