I've used the Pebeo Setasilk Discovery Set and Gold Gutta to decorate this silk square. I have also drawn a rose and added the template below if you'd like to save and print it. You can resize to whatever size you like.
You will need:
Pebeo Setasilk Discovery Set
Pebeo Gold Gutta
Frame or embroidery hoop to hold the silk taut while painting
Salt crystals (optional)
How to :
1. Print out the template. Fasten the silk into a frame or enbroidery hoop to keep taut while painting. Place the frame over the template and draw around with the gutta.
2. Add water to the area you are going to paint (inside the gutta).
3. Add water to the paint and start with the lightest shade first. Work from light to darker.
4. Add water to the next area, then add a little paint and keep moving around the petals.
5. Just add a little deeper paint to the inside of the petals and it will spread with the water.
6. Use the red and blue to mix up a little purple.
7. Add more or less water to get different shades.
8. Add shading to the petals
9. Paint the leaves. Add areas of different colours all over the background and sprinkle salt crystals on while it's still wet. Leave to dry and shake off. In the photo above I have shown two different backgrounds.