Monday 19 March 2012

Wedding Dress

We have a family wedding coming up in a few weeks and I have a couple of cards to make. This is an adaptation of one I made earlier ( you might think it's familiar!) but I've used my new Tonic Studios Simplicity Geared Border punches this time and here's how I did it...




1. Cut a circle using the outside of the smallest Tonic Studios Circle Shape Mate



2. Punch 2 shapes side by side around the circle using the Tonic Studios Daisy Border punch.
(in the same way as shown HERE)
3. Mark the centre of the top of the circle , then make 2 marks 1cm either side  as above  and cut from these two outside marks to each side of the Daisy punches

4. Make a long mark from the centre of the top and  2 marks 0.25 cm from the top on each side


5. Using the Tonic Studios Dotty Border punch and the marks  as guidelines. punch on both sides of the centre to make the waist.

6. You can then use a thin embossing tool to draw lines on the dress from the waist to the side


6. Punch 2 Dotty Border shapes side by side

7. Mark and cut as shown in the photo above.
This is the bodice.
Stick this piece to the back of the skirt part.

I added the little cutouts from the Daisy Border punch, some Stickles and a few gems to finish



13 comments:

  1. So imaginative and inspirational as always Ruth.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Ruth ,and excellent tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth, this is brilliant, what a stunning card and a great tute to go with it, thanks for that.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning Ruth, you are so talented.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful Ruth!
    I have awarded you the Versatile Blog award as I love your work and you are a great inspiration to me!
    Love Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea Ruth, love it. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, classy card, you are so clever with punches! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what a super card ... so very elegant ... you make it look so easy too ... I have a wedding card to make for July I don't have an embossing machine so would have to get some pretty backing paper ... but I may even have a go at this if you don't mind ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what an impressive card. A very clever idea, the happy couple certainly won't get another one the same! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so stunning ruth.really beautiful and elegant :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifil card Ruth, Thanks for introducing me to Tonic Punches. I love them, x Peggie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Invite me to this wedding!This is an extraordinary invitation!
    Love the heart embossing paper.Great!
    aureliaeugenia

    ReplyDelete
  13. a wonderfull card for a wonderfull day.
    may the new couple live happaly ever ever!!
    greetings monique from holland.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth