Saturday 17 March 2012

Alstroemeria


I'm sure you know it's Mother's Day tomorrow  ( I hope my 2 sons know!). Well...I had my 2 cards made but early this morning I jumped up out of bed and decided to make a different one for my mother. She loves flowers so I used my new digi image -  Alstroemeria - found HERE with my others at A Passion for Stamps.
I coloured it with Promarkers and set to work with my Tonic Studios punches.

I also made a little corner bookmark to match


I've shown some of the steps in making the card below .

1. Make a card blank by scoring and folding an A4 piece of card and then folding back a section of the front panel at 4.5 cm.


2. Cut a strip of white card measuring 4cm x 21cm and punch along the edge with the Tonic Studios Simplicity  Geared Butterfly Border  Punch.


3. Cut a strip of deep pink card measuring 2.5cm x 21cm and adhere this behind  the butterfly strip.



4. Adhere this piece to the left edge of the front panel.




5. Cut a panel measuring 9.5cm x 21cm, emboss and adhere to the card front behind the Butterfly strip.



6. Colour digi image and cut out using the OUTSIDE of the smallest size  of Tonic Studios  Oval Shape Mates



7. Using the INSIDE of the next largest size of Oval Shape Mate, cut out an oval of  deep pink card


8. Adhere the image on top of the pink card and then  cut a piece of white card  measuring 4.5cm x  21 cm , emboss this and stick it to the turned back part of the card front



9. Using the same Oval Shape Mate as for the pink card ,cut out  half of an oval using the cutter  on the OUTSIDE of the oval.

10. Use the Butterfly Border punch upside down, punch around the semi oval

 NB You can line the punch up by just leaving a little gap to the side of the last punch shape as shown in the picture

 Add this behind the oval and stick to the card front.


I have added some double butterflies which I made using the Tonic Studios Multi Detail Butterfly punch and the Medium Butterfly punch

I created "corners" for the inside of the card by trimming the Multi Detail Heart punch to fit and embossing it with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder.  


You'll find many more examples of cards using Tonic Studios products on Blog Tonic - see you there!


Challenges
I love Promarkers ...anything goes
Moving along with the times ...for a special lady
Paper Sundaes...feminine flair
Papertake Weekly ...for the girls or mum
Deep Ocean ... butterflies

30 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Ruth, my colours, butterflies and flowers, the perfect combo.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Ruth, love everything about it.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Ruth. It must be white,pink and butterfly day ,as my card for to-day was similar colours. Have a lovely week-end. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ruth this a stunning card !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Ruth. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous digi and beautiful card. Love the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Ruth. Will you be back at the NEC this week, demonstrating for Tonic? We're going over on Friday - can't wait! I love your wee window box card - I'm going to have to try one of them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Ruth...and catch my blog tomorrow..wink wink...lol...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Ruth the pink and white is so effective and the butterfy border finishes it off so well, thank you for playing along at MAWTT this week good luck - hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Ruth. Love the white and pink. Thanks for joining in the fun at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Lorraine B. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruth, this is just stunning...I so love the colours you have used and all that wonderful embossing. And such a pretty matching bookmark. How special that you can give your own artwork to your Mum. Hope you have a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, Ruth. Love the butterfly alighting on the flower, and the contrasting textures of the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! Your mum will be thrilled with this Ruth. The design and colours are just fab. Have a lovely day, and I hope your two sons have bought you beautiful cards! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow so stunning ruth.one of my fav flowers and your colours and design are really beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is a stunner and what a lovely idea for a corner book mark.
    Thanks for the tutorial.
    PamG

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely gorgeous and I love the little matching bookmark xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! Fabulous tutorial Ruth and a stunning card. I really love your floral images and your layouts are so inspiring.
    All the best Sue (bearhouse on DC)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! Another fab image I wan to play with! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, the design and colours are just great
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card Ruth... but just what we expect from you now, well done, lovely flower image too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card. Love all the embossing. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card love the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your beautiful card Ruth and the pink and white looks totally stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for Pami's 'Special Lady' challenge and good luck
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous Ruth, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful card love the butterfly border thanks so much for joining us at deep ocean this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a piece of art,love it!
    aureliaeugenia

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness Ruth! Your cards are fabulous and the tutorials are too! Thanks so much for sharing your passion. You are now in my favourites file!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Ruth, Love your cards. do you have a newsletter please? Cheers and thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maz, thanks very much. I don't have a newsletter but you can add yourself as a follower by clicking on the "Join this site" button. You can also find me on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/ruth.hamilton.31105
      Hope this helps

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth