Thursday 1 March 2012

Pups in a Basket




I had a card to make for a friend who was having a "big" birthday and, as she's very fond of dogs, I thought I'd use my Pups in Basket" digi image from A Passion for Stamps along with a new paper pad I bought (Up, Up and Away ; First Edition Paper) and hadn't opened yet...
I coloured the image with Promarkers and used a Spellbinders Scalloped Circle Nestability. The embossing folder is D'vine Swirls by Cuttlebug .
I've used two sizes of Tonic Studios Petal Pairs for the little flowers at the top and added gems in the middle.
The lovely border was made using the Tonic Studios Vine Border punch

I wasn't too sure if she really wanted everyone to know her age so I've added it on the insert....

Anyhow I didn't add too many "extras" to this one as the paper is "busy" and the embossing folder is quite patterned too and I didn't want to overdo it.

8 comments:

  1. Cute card love the colours you have used. I wish my Bella would stay in her basket like the pups on your card. Alison. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Age is a dodgy subject for us girls Ruth, I'm 39 and holding, although my eldest is fast catching me up !

    Love you card anyhow, could be my girls Daisy and Lily this time last year.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Ruth
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful creation!
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth, love your card, the image is super cute and I love the colours and the corner elements. Hugs , Frea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Ruth,adorable image and love the colours.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet image and I love the colours and papers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A darling card,if I may say so ! The paperlace,the image and that embosing cartoon give the best impression ! I'm in love with it and I wish it would be...mine(When I look at it, I already feel it's mine!)
    hugs , aureliaeugenia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth