Saturday 24 March 2012

80th Birthday card





Good morning. I'm so glad it's Saturday! I've got lots of housework to catch up on but I'm definitely taking some time to craft. It's been a hectic week and I think I deserve it.... 

Before I start anything else I thought I'd share this card with you. It's for a good friend who will be 80 next week. He always like to get a card with a dog on it but this time I decided that his big milestone needed to be the focal point so I cut out the numbers using Colour My World templates and matted them onto patterned paper (Up, Up and Away) which I cut out with my TonicStudios Square Shape Mates and layered onto plain blue card.
The image is Cairn Terrier ( but I've only added some Ice Grey 3 Promarker to make it like a Westie) from A Passion for Stamps.
At the top of the card you can see the cute little metal Happy Birthday staple which I added with my Tonic Studios Embellishment Stapler...

See you soon!


10 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, gorgeous colours and papers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth such a lovely card I am sure your friend will love it. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. love the colours. fab papers. professional and elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous. love the papers. fab layout. professional and perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Ruth...

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun, I think he'll love it. Now, back to my own mountain of housework......

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card ruth.i love this cute image so much and your paper and design are stunning ;D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Ruth, love the way you have coloured your cute Cairn Terrier to look like a westie, very clever...enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow super card ruth ... love the little doggie down in the corner ... just doing a bit of blog hopping thank you for visiting me toooo ... have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and such a cute dog !
    aureliaeugenia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth