Friday 14 March 2014

Fairy and bird cage

This is a little birdcage I made from the Tonic Studios die at a couple of demos I did. I was asked to show how I did it on my blog - sorry for the delay! Anyhow, since the Tonic new release today is of Fairy dies I took the chance to add one to my cage  - you can fill it with little treats :)


1. Die cut 4 of the bird cages and doors.

2. Cut 4 strips of card measuring 6 cm x 1cm and fold in half lengthwise.

3. Glue the strips to the cages as shown.

4. You need to fold back the little parts at the bottom as above.

5. Glue all 4 together.

It should look like this.

6. Cut a piece of card measuring 8cm x 8 cm and score in 1cm at all sides.

9. Snip all 4 corners as above.

10. Glue together to make a "bottom" for the cage.

11. Glue all the edges and attach to the inside base of the cage.


12. Tie the top together with ribbon or raffia as shown.






2 comments:

  1. Great inspiration with the birdcage die (sadly I don't have that one) But I did manage to get two of the fairy dies (the pair with stars,( as per yesterday) , and with flowers, so I'm really looking forward to those arriving).

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is stunnng ruth.the birdcage looks fabulous and i love the pretty fairy :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth