Paradise Crush! I love the name as well as the gorgeous new papers.
These new First Edition paper pads from Trimcraft are bursting full of birds (flamingos and budgies, no less!), butterflies and bright floral patterns.
I've used the papers along with some of the new First Edition dies (also from Trimcraft) to make this twisted easel card and you can see how to make one for yourself below :)
You will need:
Trimcraft First Edition Paradise Crush papers - 6x6
Dovecraft A4 Premium white card
Dovecraft 6x6 Colours Paper pack
Trimcraft First Edition Nature dies (FEDIE 070)
Trimcraft First Edition Scalloped Circle dies (FEDIE 071)
Trimcraft First Edition Bird dies (FEDIE 059)
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
Trimcraft Simply Creative Round Gems 90 pack (SCDOT 005)
Dovecaft double sided tape
Dovecraft 3D foam squares
die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Make a 15cm square card from the A4 Premium white card. Score the front of the card on the inside from top left to bottom right corners as shown.
2. Fold so that the front of the card sits up in a mountain fold.
3. Cut a 14.5cm x 14.5cm square of coral paper from the Colours Paper pack and a 14cm x 14cm square of striped paper.
4. Attach the striped paper to the coral paper and then attach them to the card base with double sided tape.
5. Cut a 14cm x 14cm square of coral paper and a 13.5cm x 13.5cm square of frond patterned paper. Cut both in half diagonally.
6. Layer the papers and attach to the folded part of the easel card with double sided tape.
7. Die cut the largest scalloped circle from white card and the next size down from coral paper. Attach together with double sided tape.
8. Glue the bottom half of the scalloped circle panel to the decorated part of the card front.
9. Using the long narrow flower die, cut 3 white shapes and 3 patterned shapes. Snip the "flowers" off the patterned shapes and glue to the corresponding parts of the white stems.
10. Die cut the little birdhouse from white card and striped patterned paper.
11. Die cut the hummingbird from white card and spotty paper.. Snip the beak off the spotty paper bird. Glue this on top of the white bird.
12. Glue the flowers to the left of the scalloped circles. Glue the striped bird house to the centre and add the "negative" parts from the white bird house to the striped one. Glue the bird to the top. Die cut one extra wing and glue on top of the bird, shaping a little with a bone folder. add a black dot to the bird's eye.
14. Layer these pieces as shown, add a gem in the centre and attach to the bottom of the card as a "stopper" for the easel with 3D foam squares.
15. Die cut 5 tiny flowers and attach to the bottom right of the scalloped circle panel with a gem in the centre of each.