I hope you enjoy this tutorial showing how to make a little diorama card which folds flat for postage but opens up to reveal a 3D effect inside.
I've used the new Whiz Kids collection by Trimcraft.
You will need:
Trimcraft Whiz Kids 6x6 papers
Trimcraft Whiz Kids 8x8 Glitter Decoupage pad
Trimcraft Whiz Kids Mini Bunting
Dovecraft A4 Premium white card
Trimcraft First Edition Scalloped Circle dies
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
Dovecraft 6x6 Colours Paper Pack
Simply Creative gems
3D foam squares
double sided tape
Die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Start with a 15cm square card white card. Score and fold at 1cm from the right edge.
2. Cut a piece of card measuring 15cm x 16cm, then score and fold at 1cm from each side on the 16cm length.
3. Cut a piece of star paper to 14.5cm x 13.5cm and attach to the inside back of the card with double sided tape.
4. Cut a piece of bunting paper to 13.25cm x 14.75cm and attach to the other piece of card with double sided tape.
5. Tape the 10cm diameter scalloped circle die to the panel and pass through your die cutting machine.
6. It should look like this when you remove the die.
7. Put a strip of double sided tape on the back of the folded part of the card and attach the aperture panel to the card back.
8. Attach the other folded strip to the inside of the card as shown. Hold in this position and glue "Layer 2" of the decoupage into the centre. If you lay the card down flat before you adhere the decoupage it will not be in the centre when the card is opened.
9. Add the next layers of decoupage with 3D foam squares.
10. Die cut a scalloped circle from bunting paper and glue to the inside left of the card. Add a smaller white scalloped circle die cut on top. Then glue the Just for You from the Decoupage sheet on top.
11. Cut a piece of Princess patterned paper to 14.5cm x 14.5cm and attach to the card front with double sided tape.
12. Glue Layer 1 of the Decoupage to an 8cm x 12cm piece of dark pink paper and then glue this to an 8.5cm x 12.5cm piece of white card. Glue to the centre of the card front. Glue the "Birthday Princess" greeting to the top right.
13. Add some bunting on 3D foam squares to the top left of the card. Add gems to the centres of the bunting.