Wednesday 15 December 2010

Happy Birthday (Parrot)

I think I'm on a roll with the sketch from  Papercraftplanet  this week! It's so simple for cards when you're in a hurry. Just as well I had coloured some of my digis a while ago when I was trying out some of my new colours of Promarkers. I think I'll try to keep a stock in future..
The image is Parrot, one of a series of birds I drew a while ago and I use these quite a lot on cards for men. This card is for a lovely gentleman who is 91 today and has been a great support lately while we have had various illnesses in the family.
The paper is actually from a Christmas range but I just love the colour and thought it suited the parrot.I've used Glossy Accents on the beak but it is not showing up too well in the photo.
I'm entering the Passion for Promarkers challenge AGAIN with this one!!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Love it. Thanks for joining PFP's mega challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabbie!! Love the jungle vibes!! Thanks for joining in our Mega challenge at PFP, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card Ruth. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth, another gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
    Have a wonderful Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic card ruth.i love the parrot and stunning tropical colours.
    thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and bright, thank you for playing the Mega Christmas Challenge at Passion for Promarkers and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth