I've made a card with an unusual fold using Trimcraft's lovely new Moroccan Spice papers. The actual card opens up to reveal two spaces for a message and is held securely closed with a decorated band which slips over the card.
What you will need:
Trimcraft First Edition Moroccan Spice 12 x 12 paper pad
Trimcraft First Edition Moroccan Spice 6 x 6 paper pad
Trimcraft First Edition Torn Edge Nesting Dies
Trimcraft First Edition Traditional Sentiment Dies
Trimcraft First Edition Foliage Dies
Trimcraft First Edition Butterfly Dies
Trimcraft First Edition Layered Flower Dies
Dovecraft double sided tape
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
Dovecraft Adhesive Gemstones
Die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Choose a piece of double sided paper, score and fold crisply into quarters. Score and fold again across one diagonal.
2. With the diagonal fold facing upwards (and inwards) bring the two opposite points together and the card will close.
3. Using white card, cut 2 of the largest Torn Edge dies.
4. Open the card to reveal the inside. Cut two pieces of orange paper (from the pad) to 14cm x 14cm and attach to the opposite squares with double sided tape. Add the Torn Edge die cuts on top.
5. Die cut 4 leaves from blue patterned paper and glue to the top left and bottom right of the white areas.
6. Cut a strip across the 12 x 12 orange paper 4cm deep and fold around the card evenly. (It will not meet in the middle.)
7. Cut a 3cm strip across the large patterned paper and fold over the orange piece - leave a little clearance at each side. Add glue to the orange strip as shown - not right into the folds so that the band will fold around the card when finished.
8. Cut the middle sized Torn Edge die from orange paper and the next smallest from orange patterned paper and layer on top of each other with double sided tape. Die cut the Birthday Wishes from white card and glue on top at an angle.
9. Glue this onto the centre of the band to cover the join.
10. Use the spiral die to cut out three orange flowers.
11. Soften the fibres of the paper by rubbing the whole flower with an embossing tool.
12. Starting at the outside, use a pair of tweezers to curl the flower. Allow to uncurl a little to get the size of flower you like and then add a blob of glue to the bottom.
13. Glue the flowers to the band, die cut 2 more blue leaves and glue in behind the flowers. Add gems and a tiny butterfly at the bottom.
14. Slip the band over the card :)