I've used the beautiful vintage floral papers and embellishments from the new Dovecraft Floral Muse collection by Trimcraft to decorate a wooden House Shaped Shelf which could be used as a little keepsake or gift.
You will need:
House Shaped Shelf
Chalk Paint (Cream)
Dovecraft Floral Muse 6x6 paper pack
Dovecraft Floral Muse 12 x 12 paper pack
Dovecraft Floral Muse Wooden frames
Dovecraft Floral Muse Creative Ribbons
Dovecraft Floral Muse Adhesive Pearls
Dovecraft Floral Muse Accordion Stickers
Dovecraft Floral Muse Paper Flowers
Dovecraft Floral Muse Plastic Buttons
Dovecraft Floral Muse A5 Sentiment Stickers
Dovecraft Floral Muse Card Butterflies
Dovecraft Floral Muse Mini Bows
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
double sided tape
Trimcraft First Edition Windows dies
Trimcraft First Edition Tags dies
Die cutting machine
Hot glue gun
How to make it:
1. Paint the frame with chalk paint.
2. Cut the patterned paper to fit the shelves. Attach to the back with Crafters Glue.
3. Glue a wooden frame into the top shelf and add a ribbon bow at the top. Snip 2 tiny butterflies from the 6x6 patterned paper and glue to the frame with a little pearl in the centres.
4. Cut a 2.5cm strip from across a 12 x 12 sheet of patterned paper. Pleat it and glue across the bottom of the top shelf.
5. Glue a length of lace ribbon across the paper pleat and add a pearl at each end.
6. Attach an accordion sticker to the top left shelf.
7. Add an A5 sentiment sticker in the shelf below. Glue one large paper flower to the top left and 2
smaller flowers to the bottom right.
8. Die cut a domed window and glue to the largest shelf. Die cut a window box in white card and glue a little piece of patterned paper behind it. Die cut the flowers from patterned paper and glue on top of the white card. Attach the window box with hot glue.
9. Die cut 2 tag shapes - one from white card and the other from patterned paper. Glue the patterned one on top of the white one , offsetting slightly. Add a card butterfly on top with a pearl in the centre. Glue the tags into the bottom left shelf.
10. Take one of the wooden frames and apply glue over the surface. Place the frame, glue side down on top of a piece of patterned paper.Cut around the outside and the inside with a craft knife.
11. Attach 2 accordion stickers inside the bottom middle shelf and glue the frame on top of the wooden shelf.
12. Die cut a tag shape for patterned paper and 3 small tags from white card. Glue the small tags on top as shown and add a button on each. Add a bow to the top and some pearls along the bottom and glue inside the bottom right shelf.