I made this card earlier using the Trimcraft Winter Collection and
am following that up with a step by step tutorial showing how I made it.
What you'll need:
Trimcraft Winter Woodland 6x6 paper pad
Trimcraft Winter Woodland 6x6 cards and envelopes
Trimcraft Winter Woodland Ric Rac
Trimcraft Winter Woodland Adhesive Toppers - Sentiments
Trimcraft Winter Woodland Dies
Dovecraft Super Value Crafters Glue
Dovecraft Glitter Glue - Crystal
double sided tape
die cutting machine
How to make it
2. Cut another piece of white card measuring the same width as the aperture card and 6cm wide. Score this at 1cm, 3cm and 5cm and fold "mountain and valley" style as shown.
3. Attach this piece to the inside back of the aperture card with double sided tape.
4. Trim a piece of snowflake patterned paper from the 6x6 pad to 14.5cm x 14.5cm and attach to the back of the card with double sided tape.
5. Place the tree die on the brown card, facing downwards, and secure with masking tape.
6. Pass the card and die through your diecutting machine. I'm using the XCut Xpress here so I have the die facing upwards under the card.
7. Remove the diecut from the die and cut two more the same. You'll need 3 trees for this card.
8. Trim the bottom of the tree slightly and glue to the inside of the card.
9. Glue the ric rac around the outside edge of the aperture.
10. Trim the other two trees and glue to the card with the bottom of each inside the card and the top outside. Add Dovecraft Glitter Glue to the tree tops and some dots to the blue paper.
11. Add a little brown ink to the surface of the envelope die with a brayer - NB.this is optional but it emphasizes the debossing on the diecut.
12. Remove the diecut and fold into the envelope shape.
13. Add the envelope to the bottom left of the card with 3D foam pads and attach a Season's Greetings Adhesive Topper to the top right.
Finally, attach the bottom extra flap of card to the card front with double sided tape.