Inside of card
Front of card
The new Dovecraft Back to Basics "Baby Steps" collection from Trimcraft is really cute with lots of little animals and baby patterns in pale lemon/yellow and grey. It works beautifully with many of the Trimcraft First Edition dies.
To make this card you will need:
Dovecraft 6x6 Trifold card
Dovecraft Back to Basics "Baby Steps" 6x6 paper pack
Dovecraft Back to Basics "Baby Steps" 12 x 12 paper pack
Dovecraft Back to Basics "Baby Steps" Wooden Frame
Dovecraft Back to Basics "Baby Steps" Mini Bunting
Dovecraft Back to Basics "Baby Steps" Twine
Dovecraft Back to Basics "Baby Steps" Wooden Button
Trimcraft First Edition Nesting Doily dies
Trimcraft First Edition Baby themed dies
Trimcraft First Edition Border dies
Simply Creative rainbow pearls (3mm and 6mm)
Dovecraft Glitter Glue - Crystal
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
double sided tape
die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Cut 2 pieces of spotty paper measuring 7cm x 14.75cm and 2 pieces of owl paper measuring 6.5cm x 13.75cm.
2. Layer the pieces and attach to the card with double sided tape.
3. Cut out an owl from the 12 x 12 paper pad to 4.5cm x 5.5cm and glue to the back of the wooden frame.
4. Glue one side of the frame to the left panel of the card. Attach bunting and pearls at the top left and a button with twine at the bottom right.
5. Die cut 2 borders and cut in half. Glue to the top and bottom of the card and add pearls.
6. Cut 2 pieces of heart paper measuring 7cm x 14.5cm and glue to the inside flaps of the card.Cut a piece of chevron paper measuring 14.75cm x 14.75cm and glue to the inside centre.
7. Glue a 9.5cm x 14.5cm piece of star patterned paper onto a 10cm x 15cm piece of white card.
Place the 7.5cm doily die 2.5cm from the top and cut out.
8. Use the same die and the next size up together to create a doily frame. I have taped them together to show how the frame is made but it's best to cut each one separately.
9. Glue the doily frame over the aperture and attach the panel to the centre of the card with double sided tape.
10. Centre the smaller die over the Congratulations on the 6x6 paper and cut out.
11. Glue the Congratulations doily shape to the back chevron panel exactly inside the aperture.
12. Cut 2 pieces of white card measuring 9cm x 9.5cm and fold 1cm at one side of each. Cut into "tails" using the measurements above.
13. Centre these two pieces so that they sit as shown. Add double sided tape down the tops of the 1cm folded part.
14. Close the card firmly and press down on t he double sided tape. When the card is opened the pieces will open to reveal the message inside.
15. Die cut the building blocks, Baby Boy and babygro form white card and then also die cut the Baby Boy from yellow patterned paper.
16. Glue the pieces on as shown. Offset the white Baby Boy onto the yellow Baby Boy to increase depth and glue below the aperture.
Add some glitter glue to the front and inside.