This is a tutorial of a gatefold card with a twist showing one of the many ways you can use the Tonic Studios Tangled Trellis Decorative Mini Die set. The centre panel is attached with 3D foam squares so the the sides can be folded in at the edges as shown above......or you can have it open as shown below.
You will need;
Tonic Studios Tangled Trellis Decorative Mini die set
2 pieces of A4 white card
Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Drops - White Blizzard
double sided tape
3D foam squares
ribbon - 1.25cm wide
1. Cut the A4 piece of white card to measure 15cm by the full length of the sheet to make a gatefold card measuring 15cm x 15cm by scoring and folding along the long side at 2.5cm and 7.5cm from each side.
2. Cut another 2 pieces of card to measure 14cm x 28cm and 5.5cm x 13.5cm. Score and fold the larger piece in half on the long side to create a card blank.
3. Die cut 2 of the straight edged shapes and one of the centre dies in lilac .
4. Cut a piece of lilac card measuring 14cm x 6cm and attach the white piece of card on top with double sided tape. Glue the centre die cut shape on top.
Add this panel to the front of the smaller (14cm x 14cm) white card with 3D foam aquares. It's important to give dimension here so that this panel can hold the sides of the outer gatefold card back when it is completed.
5. Attach this to the inside of the gatefold card with double sided tape so the the fold is at the top as shown.
6. Using the two smaller dies in the set, make the small decorative shape.
First cut out the outer edge, then add the detail with the other die.
7. Glue the two straight edged pieces slightly behind the panel and add the decorative die cut in the centre. Add some White Blizzard Nuvo Glitter Drops to the white centre.
8. Cut 2 strips of white card measuring 2cm x 14.5cm and attach ribbon as shown.
9. Cut out 2 more pieces with the straight edged die and open the front of the gatefold card out flat. Glue the lilac pieces to the front and attach the ribbon panel to the narrow folded edges with double sided tape.
10. Finished card :)