This month's Showcase dies from Tonic Studios is a beautiful set of detailed floral dies, dies to create backing plates for each flower, a bee, a humming bird and some debossing sentiment dies. There are so many different ways of using these dies together eg paper piecing, snipping the flowers from the stems and even adding colour to the flowers with watercolour pencils or alcohol markers. For this card I thought I'd show the lovely flowers off on a centre easel.
These are my affiliate links to the websites where you can buy the die sets -
USA - https://bit.ly/38UaIDn
You will need:
Tonic Studios Craft Perfect 6x6 Bright White Card Blank
Tonic Studios Craft Perfect Smooth White Card
Tonic Studios Craft Perfect Mauve Purple Card
Tonic Studios Craft Perfect 6x6 Dream in Colour paper pad
3D foam tape
Nuvo Stone Drops - Lady Liberty
How to make it:
1. I have selected these two large dies for my card. The die on the left will cut out the backing plate and the die on the right will cut out a detailed floral image .
2. Die cut the backing plate from Mauve Purple card and the detailed floral die from white card.
3. Cut out the rectangle die from mauve purple card, then tape the sentiment die on top and pass through your die cutting machine. Place the die cut inside the rectangle die with the sentiment die taped into teh centre and follow the groove around the outside with am embossing tool to give a clearly defined border.
4. Glue the white die to the backing plate and add 3D foam tape to the sentiment die cut.
5. Add the sentiment to the white rectangle on the floral diecut.
7. Cut a piece of lilac patterned paper to 14.5cm x 14.5cm and glue to the inside of the card. Glue the floral die cut to the centre of the easel, taking care not to add glue above the top fold.
8. Make a stopper for the easel by gluing 15cm x 3cm piece of aqua patterned paper to a 15cm x 3.5cm piece of white card. add a narrow strip of lilac patterned paper across the centre. Attach this to the card, 2cm up from the bottom, with 3D foam tape. Die cut and emboss the Thank You in the same way as the Just for You sentiment but in white card an glue to the stopper.
9. Die cut the humming bird as shown to coordinate with the colours of the card.