The Jasmine Sunset Layering die set from Tonic Studios contains 11 different dies and is perfect for making cards, scrapbooking and also for making gift bags. I've created a gift bag measuring 19cm x 19cm with a gusset measuring 14cm x 14cm x 6cm deep.
You will need:
silver mirror card
Die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Using the largest die in the Jasmine Dream set, die cut 2 solid shapes.
2. Use the next size down to cut the pattern around the edges of the solid shapes.
3. Cut 3 strips of card from what is left of the 12 x 12 sheet. One strip should measure 8cm x 30cm. Score and fold this at 1cm and 7cm lengthwise and at 14cm and 28cm across the strip. Cut little nicks as shown above. Cut the other strip to measure 8cm x 14cm and score and fold at 1cm and 7cm.
4. Glue the 2cm tab at end of the long strip and attach the strips together to form one long strip.
5. Fold the strip and add glue along the edges at one side.
6. Attach this to the back of one of the large pieces.
7. Add glue to the other edge.
8. Attach the other large piece to the "gusset" to form the gift bag.
9. Use the 5th die from the outside to cut a white solid shape.
10. Use the next smallest die to cut the pattern.
11. Glue this to the front of the bag.
12. Die cut Birthday Wishes from pink card and glue to the centre of the bag.
13. Die cut two silver shapes with the Filigree Flourish set and glue above and below the Birthday Wishes.
14. Punch a hole in each side of the gusset and attach the ribbon handle. Die cut a Butterfly, add detail with inner die and finish with gem. Fold back wings and glue to the top right of the bag.