The beautiful new Love Story papers from Timcraft are available in 6x6, 8x8 and 12 x 12 - perfect for making cards and also for scrapbooking. I have used several different papers from the pads along with some Trimcraft dies to create this shabby chic "LoveYou" card.
You will need:
Trimcraft First Edition Love Story 6x6 paper pad
Trimcraft First Edition Butterfly dies
Trimcraft First Edition Modern Sentiment dies
Trimcraft First Edition Layered Flower dies
Trimcraft First Edition Borders, Frames and Buckles dies
Trimcraft First Edition Torn Edge Nesting dies
Dovecraft square Polka Dot Embossed card
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
Dovecraft Floral Muse Adhesive pearls
3D foam squares
Die cutting machine
How to make it:
1. Take a piece of patterned paper from the 6x6 pad and gently tear away a narrow strip all around the outside edge - tearing towards yourself to obtain the white edge on the paper.
2. Tear two little triangular shapes from the paper - one at the top and one at the bottom.
3. Tear two pieces from the floral paper just slightly bigger that the triangles from the main piece of paper.
4. Glue these pieces to the back of the main paper and glue to the card front.
5. Tear a piece of floral paper to approximately 8cm x 14.5cm.
6. Use the the third and fourth largest dies in the Torn Edge Nesting die set to create a frame from patterned paper.
7. Glue the torn strip to the card at an angle and add the frame on top.
8. Die cut a white heart border and glue across the centre of the card. Die cut a large butterfly, bend the wings gently upwards and glue to the centre of the border.
9. Die cut 6 larger flowers from the peach coloured paper in the pad.
10. Die cut 5 small flowers from the checked paper.
11. Shape all the petals with an embossing tool. Use two of the large flowers on top of each other with one smaller checked flower in the centre to create one flower. Add two of these to the bottom left of the large butterfly and one at the top right. Add two small checked flowers beside the large flower at the top, Add adhesive pearls to the centres of the butterfly and flowers.
12. Die cut the Love You banner and remove the "words". Cut a narrow strip of striped paper measuring 1.25cm x 6cm and cut a triangle out at one end. Glue the "love you" on top and add to the card with 3D foam squares.