These are some ideas for cardmaking etc using gorgeous Dovecraft Glitter Ribbon - perfect for Christmas cards as well as lots of other projects. I've included instructions for several of the ideas.
Glitter Ribbon with Buckle dies
Milk Carton Flower
To make the flower..
2. Add a pearl in the centre.
3. Turn the circle over and add 8 silver "tails" measuring 4cm to the underside.
Ribbon and bells card
I've used a 5x7 Dovecraft Polka Dot Embossed card, Dovecraft A4 Gold Mirror card and Dovecraft Christmas Basics Snowflakes dies as well as the Dovecraft Glitter Ribbon on this card.
1. Cut a piece of white card measuring 14cm x 4cm and add a strip of Dovecraft Permafix tape to the top and bottom of the reverse side.
2. Attach 4 lengths of glitter ribbon across the front of the card, securing at the back with the Permafix tape. Add two strips of tape to a little piece of card, wrap two pieces of glitter ribbon around the long ribbons.
3. Secure one end of each ribbon to the Permafix tape, then attach the other end - pulling in slightly to create a "gather" in the long ribbons. Trim the short ends and secure to the tape.
To finish the panel I have added a bow and two little gold Jingle bells from the Dovecraft Christmas Basics range.
Happy Christmas card
I've used a 5 x7 Dovecraft Ribbon Card, Dovecraft A4 Gold Mirror Card, Dovecraft Christmas Basics Snowflake embossing folder and Dovecraft Christmas Basics Sentiments dies as well as Dovecraft Glitter Ribbon on this card.
1. Punch a small circle of card.
2. Cut 5 lengths of gold glitter ribbon - 6cm long
and 5 lengths of red glitter ribbon - 5cm long
Cut 2 lengths of green glitter ribbon - 5cm long and cut the end at an angle.
3. Glue the ends of the gold pieces together as shown and glue around the edge of the circle using a hot glue gun.
Then add a row of the red pieces in between the gold "petals".
I added 5 triangles of gold ribbon around the inside before adding a green pearl on top.
4.Tuck the two lengths of green ribbon in behind and glue in place.
Joy to the World
I've used a Dovecraft 6x6 Polka Dot embossed card, 8x8 Jingle All the Way paper, Dovecraft A4 Gold Mirror card, Dovecraft Glitter Glue, Dovecraft Christmas Basics Poinsettia die along with strips of glitter ribbon which I have attached to the back of the patterned paper panel with Permafix tape.