This is s tutorial showing how I made a pocket card from a sheet of 12 x 12 Botanical Notes paper by Trimcraft.
You'll need to select one of the double sided papers from the pad for this card.
What you will need:
Trimcraft 12 x 12 Botanical Notes paper pad
Trimcraft Santoro Lace Ribbon
Centura Pearl card - Mink
Double sided tape
Dovecraft Crafters Glue
Dovecraft Glitter Glue - Crystal
Santoro Adhesive Pearls
How to make it
1. Fold a 12 x 12 sheet of paper in quarters as shown. This will be the inside of the pocket and the opposite side (ie the side facing downwards) in the triangle marked will be the front of the card.
2. Make a cut from the outside left into the centre of the paper on the fold line.
3.Fold the bottom right quarter in half to meet the centre point.
4. Now fold the top left quarter over. You can make the fold at whichever measurement you like for this one as long as both edges are parallel.
5. Fold the top left panel over to the right - this will form the top pocket.
6. Glue a strip of narrow ribbon along the edge.
7. Stick the flap down with double sided tape and then add a little more to adhere the right side.
8.Add a length of double sided tape as shown.
9. Fold the bottom half of the paper upwards to create the second pocket.
Add a length of ribbon along this edge as well.
10. Now the card will look like this - you can leave it as a free standing card or glue the two back panels together to have a card which you prop up on the mantlepiece.
11. I made panels from Centura Pearl and cut out butterflies from another of the 12 x 12 Botanical Notes papers and added these to the corners with a little Glitter Glue along the bodies.
12. I made a bow from the lace ribbon, attached it with hot glue and added a pearl on top to finish.